Thermoforming Material Handler - Starting at $21+
Company: Berry Global Group Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is
committed to its mission of 'Always Advancing to Protect What's
Important.' With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a
combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global
supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and
rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end
markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities
worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always
advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and
services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships
through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we
are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our
values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn
more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
* Move and process regrind in extruders
* Transport regrind and sheet to and from the grinding
* Monitor color in con-airs and finished goods
* Monitor and maintain all material systems including con-airs,
silo's and daybins.
* Document virgin material and regrind percentages and silo weights
on all thermoforming lines.
* Oversee all duties of the Material Handlers
* Record "Material Percentages Sheet" data into the "Traceability"
* Ensure all material equipment is operational and perform minor
repairs if necessary.
* Notify Thermoforming, Systems, or Building Maintenance or if a
* Maintain the department in a clean and orderly manner.
* Report regrind consumption results in a timely manner to
* High school diploma / GED Equivalent.
* Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete
multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Prior Thermoforming experience preferred.
* Able to stand/walk for 7 hours of an 8-hour shift.
* Able to work overhead or in awkward positions on a frequent
* Ability to occasionally climb ladders / steps safely and without
* Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently and/or up to 100 pounds with
* Ability to push/pull loads in excess of 100 pounds
* Ability to occasionally climb on and off a forklift safely and
* Ability to safely operate a forklift in high traffic, low
clearance areas while not posing a safety risk to others.
---Applicant must not be at risk of sudden alterations in
* Hearing sufficient to recognize and respond to shouted warnings
alarms and horns on forklifts.
* Verbal communication adequate to use a radio and or paging system
to contact other co-workers in other areas of the complex.
* Able to use both hands for effective manipulation of
* Stereoptic vision of 20/40 or better and peripheral vision of 70
degrees or greater and ability to read 10-12 point font at a
distance of 12-18 inches.
* Bending and lifting ability adequate to shovel material.
* Ability to work in dusty / smoky environment on an intermittent
* Proven ability to lead, motivate and direct employees
Berry offers three Anthem medical insurance plans. Full medical,
dental and vision insurance are provided with this position. If
elected, insurance coverage begins the first day of the month
following 30 days of employment.
Employees enrolled in a Berry medical insurance plan are eligible
to use any of the three Deaconess at Work clinics. The health
clinics provide primary care services, generic prescription
medications, physicals, health screenings, and labs; all at little
to NO COST to the employee or covered family member. Click here to
learn more about the employee benefits with Berry Global!
Berry is proud to provide accumulated time off for:
* Unpaid Time Off Days
* Vacation Time
* Personal Days for Perfect Attendance
Responsibilities - Move and process regrind in extruders -
Transport regrind and sheet to and from the grinding department -
Monitor color in con-airs and finished goods - Monitor and maintain
all material systems including con-airs, silo's and daybins. -
Document virgin material and regrind percentages and silo weights
on all thermoforming lines. - Oversee all duties of the Material
Handlers - Record "Material Percentages Sheet" data into the
"Traceability" system. - Ensure all material equipment is
operational and perform minor repairs if necessary. - Notify
Thermoforming, Systems, or Building Maintenance or if a failure
occurs. - Maintain the department in a clean and orderly manner. -
Report regrind consumption results in a timely manner to Department
Keywords: Berry Global Group Inc., Evansville , Thermoforming Material Handler - Starting at $21+, Professions , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!