Company: Waste Connections
Location: Cape Girardeau
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Job TitleCDL DriverPrimary LocationCape Girardeau, MissouriEmployee
TypeEmployeeJob DescriptionNow Offering a $7,500 Sign On
Bonus!Waste Connections of Missouri is looking for a safety
conscience Residential Rear Load Driver to join the team in Cape
Girardeau, MO.Now offering a $7,500 Sign On Bonus!The ideal driver
will have a self-motivated, go getting attitude, that is looking to
excel and grow with our GROWING company!Why work for Waste
- -Competitive Compensations-
- -Safety Bonuses - Get rewarded for your safe habits-
- -Yearly Boot Stipend - Get your boots covered-
- -Benefits Plans - Keep yourself healthy-
- -Matching 401(K) - Connect to your future-What we do: We
provide trash and disposal services to the local community. You, a
vital piece of the team, would be responsible for safely operating
a garbage truck into neighborhoods and picking up trash, while
providing the best service in the industry. Rear Load Trucks
require drivers to pull trashcans to the truck to dump with a
tipper. Duties include:
- Safely operating a rear load garbage truck in residential
neighborhoods and picking up trash receptacles
- Cautiously exit/enter the vehicle over 500 times a day to
- Physically pulling and moving containers that weight over 75
pounds just as often
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose
of trash at designated facilities.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer
identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Interact courteously with your customers
- Other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.What we work
with: Trash is heavy! Sometimes we have machines aid our efforts.
Other times we do not. And this is a service provided year round -
rain, snow or shine. Hot or cold. Be prepared to work in all
environments, around heavy diesel equipment. Not to mention dirty
ones. Plan for the following labor:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work
with consistent walking; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling
required of objects over 75 pounds. Exiting/exiting high set truck.
Walking. Moderate noise level.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such
as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or
humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. At
the end of the day, we go home knowing we leave a smiling
customer!Minimum Job Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a satisfactory driving
- Class A or B CDL
- Ability to work Monday - Friday starting at around 5:30 am.
Approx. 45-50 hours a week, with overtime possibilities.
- Physically comfortable with demands of the jobTo be considered
for any of our current openings you must complete an application at
www.careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and
additional instructions can be found once you select your position
of interest. We offer excellent benefits including: medical,
dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term
disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited
opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".Waste Connections is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, Evansville , CDL Driver, Professions , Cape Girardeau, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!