Regional CDL Driver
Company: Perdue Farms
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Regional CDL Driver FULL-TIME $40.87/hr Pay is $0.56/mile,
$12.50/hour for non drive time, stop pay is $8.21/hour, metro pay
$50 first stop, $25 each subsequent stop. Estimated average yearly
earnings is $85,000. Operate Tractor Trailer combination between
Company/Customer facilities, in order to pick up and deliver
freight in a legal, safe, timely, and efficient manner to include
drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading and
unloading at various locations, as assigned. The expectation for
this position, the driver will be away from home domicile for an
extended period of time, unless otherwise directed by management.
Driver is expected to perform above duties in a professional manner
at all times as he/she is a representative of the Perdue Farms
Brand. Required to travel to customers, distributors, plant
facilities and other remote locations and will remain away from for
home for extended periods of time up to 5 -7 days. Principal and
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maneuver and deliver/backhaul truck loads of product and
materials to plants, customers, and distributors as assigned.
2. Observe and maintain all Department of Transportation (DOT)
requirements regarding hours of service, log book, vehicle
inspections, load inspections, and securing load. To include
utilizing electronic logging device (paper logs when needed), on
board vehicle tracking system in efficient manner.
3. Operate a tractor and trailer in a legal/safe manner consistent
with all Federal, State and Local laws, regulations, and Company
policies. To include the utilization of all on board safety
4. Complete and submit all Company paperwork to include but not
limited to manifest, bill of lading, proof of delivery pay
envelopes, overage, shortage, damaged claims, and trip reports.
5. As assigned, the physical process of loading and unloading of
product may be required.
6. Responsible for seal integrity and the reporting of an accurate
/verified case count and condition of product during deliveries
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
1. Able to drive a tractor with a trailer.
2. Able to remain seated for extended periods of time up to the
limits established by DOT regulations.
3. Able to sleep while another driver drives.
4. Able to withstand bouncing and vibration from truck and road
5. Exposed to fuel and oil spills.
6. Exposed to extreme temperatures (0-100 Degrees Fahrenheit),
humidity, (0-100%) and noise (50db to 100db) REM-02 WS-02 WS-TC
Schedule Shift start: Based on route Shift length: 14 hours Based
on route Benefits
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan Qualifications
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 100 lbs Valid CDL LicenseMinimum two years over the
road Tractor/Trailer driving experience with trailers preferred.One
year over the road driving experience with degree from accredited
driving school.Travel required. About Perdue Farms Perdue Farms is
dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone they touch
through innovative food and agricultural products. Since their
beginning on Arthur Perdue s farm in 1920, to their expansion into
agribusiness and the introduction of the PERDUE brand of chicken
and turkey under Frank Perdue. Continuing with their third
generation of leadership with Chairman Jim Perdue, they've remained
family-owned and family operated. They are working to become the
most-trusted name in food and agricultural products. Associated
topics: class a driving, company driver needed, company driver
solo, company driving, company truck driving, dedicated truck
driver, over the road company, over the road driver, over the road
driving, tanker truck
Keywords: Perdue Farms, Evansville , Regional CDL Driver, Professions , Cromwell, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!