Sr. Residential Advisor
Company: Management & Training Corporation
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Up to $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
Pay is $16 to $18 per hour
At Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we
provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful
at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages, affordable health, dental and prescription
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays
- A chance to make a difference every day!
- Supervise and control group living conditions, evaluate
situations and conditions within the dormitories and make decisions
- Perform administrative duties involving student passes,
evaluations, progress reports, emergencies, terminations for
- Perform residential advisor functions as necessary to ensure
safety and proper student behavior in the dormitories.
- Communicate with families of students by mail and phone as
required to resolve problems and assure the well-being of
- Coordinate, oversee and track the success of programs that
foster student retention.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual
compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students.
Prepare related reports.
- Ensure cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
- Requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and
safety of students.
- Participate in and conduct career preparation, career
development and career transition activities in accordance with the
schedule, as assigned.
- Conduct staff meetings to review unit/dorm activities and make
- Establish, implement and supervise control procedures to
maximize student living standards. Inspect dormitory areas
regularly; recommend facility maintenance where needed; direct dorm
patrols and clean up.
- Supervise proper administration of all paperwork, records and
computer entry for assigned unit. Ensure that specified documents
are turned over to each shift. Compile status report for area of
- Promote and support the COSS plan.
- Audit departmental and student files and CIS to ensure
compliance with DOL and MTC directives.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards
for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff
and other center customers.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed
to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Participate in student employability programs and
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling
appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and
monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of
harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for
staff and students to work and learn.
- Have a basic understanding of the MYPACE program and its role
in a student's transition plan.
- Review individual student's MYPACE plan as needed to provide
support/guidance as appropriate.
- Assist with MYPACE activities/lessons as needed and
- Provide support as needed with an individual student's MYPACE
plan follow through and activities.
- Provide support as needed with goals/activities as identified
on one of the four MYPACE Pathway Achievement Record (PAR).
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One year working with youth
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran
status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category
protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive
to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with
disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application
and hiring process.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Keywords: Management & Training Corporation, Evansville , Sr. Residential Advisor, Other , Sebree, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...