PATIENT CARE TECH - Carbondale, IL, Illinois
Company: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow. -
At -Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH), -we realize that in order to provide our surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb efforts and dedication of our employees.
As a non-profit system of almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer, cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation services.
$17.34/hr minimum - $26.01/hr maximum (range increases based on education, experience and certifications)
Responsible for providing clerical unit support services as well as patient care assistance to the patient care team.
- - Maintains employee, patient and environmental safety.
- - Maintains required records, logs, and other documents as required.
- - Promotes a culture of process improvement by participating in programs/meetings that supports the system's process improvement goals.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- - Assists nursing staff with patient care activities.
- - Assists in medical emergencies, including CPR
- - Performs duties as outlined in the SIH CNA Manual
- - Communicates change in patients condition to the Registered Nurse
- - Obtains specimen collections as ordered and in accordance with policy.
- - Contributes to a healthy workplace environment, by using professional communication skills.
- - Transports patients as required.
- - Transcribes and enters patient orders and charges, if applicable.
- - Arranges for services and follow-up appointments.
- - Answers call lights and phone calls and direct them to the appropriate caregiver.
- - Responds to Physician request and processes Physician orders.
- - Basic rhythm interpretation of telemetry strips.
- - Maintains confidentiality of patient information
- - Orders and replaces forms, office supplies and restocks for areas as needed.
- - Processes patient's medical record.
- - Assist in the maintenance of office equipment.
- - Demonstrates telephone triage, etiquette and interdepartmental coordination.
- - High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- - IL CNA certification or current LPN or RN nursing student required.
- - BLS required
- - COVID Vaccinations
PandoLogic. Keywords: Patient Care Technician (PCT), Location: Marion, IL - 62959 , PL: 562236089
Keywords: Southern Illinois Healthcare, Evansville , PATIENT CARE TECH - Carbondale, IL, Illinois, Other , Marion, Indiana
here to apply!