STAT HEART/CODE STEMI COORD
Company: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Coordinator reports to the CV Quality & Acute Cardiac Manager. Facilitates achievement of goals through coordinating cardiovascular care & working with internal and outreach multidisciplinary teams. - Responsible for planning, developing and implementing all aspects of Prairie STAT Heart Program, MHC Code STEMI program, and Chest Pain Network. - Coordinator is responsible for program structure, guideline updates, program/process oversight, and building & maintaining strong relationships with all team members.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- - Facilitates STAT Heart/Code STEMI Program accreditation.
- - Liaison between multi-disciplinary STEMI (ST Elevated Acute MI) teams at community hospitals, EMS and Memorial Hospital of Carbondale. Team members include cardiologist, ED physicians, ED, cath lab, floor and EMS staff at MHC and outreach hospitals.
- - Leads Door-to-Balloon STEMI Task Force meetings
- - Create and distribute all STEMI reports to STAT Heart hospital ED Code STEMI, outreach community hospitals and EMS crew.
- - Responsible for regular educational in-service training to community hospital STAT Heart, EMS, and Memorial Hospital multi disciplinary teams.
- - Schedule and attends all Code STEMI/STAT Heart presentations at MHC, community hospitals, EMS base, public community organizations including talks with Code STEMI/STAT Heart Medical Director, STAT Heart nurse manager meetings to ensure the goals and objectives of the program are consistent with overall strategic plan.
- - Creates and sends STEMI reports to MHC and STAT Heart Hospitals & multidisciplinary team members in a timely manager.
- - Reviews cases and works with Medical Director to make necessary changes in program to provide the best care for STEMI patients.
- - Plans and participates in yearly STAT Heart educational dinner meeting.
- - Works with SIH marketing department, CV Quality & Acute Cardiac Manager on marketing needs for the programs.
- - Review updated ACC/AHA guidelines and newly published literature to stay current with best practice. Review changes in best practice with medical director and implement changes.
- - Supervise, monitor, and continually evaluate Code STEMI/ STAT Heart process, pathway for patients, patient education, family education (family folders) and staff education.
- - Update policies, protocols, and procedures for Code STEMI/STAT Heart program. Disseminate information to all multidisciplinary team members at MHC and STAT Heart community hospitals.
- - Serves as primary contact for individuals seeking information related to Code STEMI and Prairie STAT Heart programs.
- - Establish, develop, and maintain excellent relationships at MHC, EMS and community hospitals, multidisciplinary STEMI team i.e., physicians (ED, cardiologist, PCP, hospitalist) administrators, ED staff, floor staff, EMS staff and ancillary staff.
- - Coordinator manages internal and outreach measurements and monitoring systems that demonstrate effectiveness of patient outcomes including but not limited to volumes, times, flow of process and educational needs of all team members.
- - Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Healthcare field
Licenses and Certification
- - Illinois RN license
Experience and Skills
- - 5 years Cardiovascular experience preferred
- - Program management, program development preferred
- - Excellent oral and communication skills
- - Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- - Quality, problem solving and data analysis knowledge preferred
- - COVID Vaccination -
PandoLogic. Keywords: Education Outreach Coordinator, Location: Carbondale, IL - 62901 , PL: 554584490
Keywords: Southern Illinois Healthcare, Evansville , STAT HEART/CODE STEMI COORD, Other , Carbondale, Indiana
here to apply!