Heavy Equipment Operator
Company: Bering Straits Native Corporation
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Eagle Eye Electric, LLC, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native
Corporation, is currently seeking local qualified Heavy Equipment
Operators for a lead-contaminated soil removal project located in
Perry County, Missouri. Site work is anticipated to occur from
March through November 2022. The remediation project involves
excavating contaminated soil from residential properties, hauling
the material to a local repository, and backfilling the excavations
with clean material as well as other site restoration activities.
We are hiring qualified operators to excavate and backfill the
residential properties to meet the specifications outlined in the
contract with the US EPA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a
descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this
position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed
within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
* Operate mini excavators to medium size excavators in a safe and
* Stockpile and load the excavator material into either single axle
or tandem dump trucks.
* Backfill the properties with clean fill material.
* Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
* Clean equipment as scheduled and/or required.
* Support on site remediation effort as directed by the Site
Superintendent and/or the Foreman.
* Ensure equipment is safely and securely stored.
* Practice workplace safety.
* Be able to work in a team environment under the direction of the
* Maintain a drug free workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
* Must have completed 40 HOUR HAZWOPER and current 8 HOUR
* Must have completed OSHA 10 Construction Outreach training.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* More than 5,000 hours of heavy equipment operator experience
specifically in excavators on environmental remediation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
* Knowledge of excavators and equipment safety.
* Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage.
* Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
* Experience working on contaminated sites involving but not
limited to environmental investigation and remediation projects.
Activities include transporting contaminated soil from excavation
site to repository. Hauling activity may also include transporting
clean backfill material to project locations.
* Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience operating a variety of
excavating equipment including excavators, skid steers, and
* Experience working on complex environmental investigation and
* Experience working on projects under contract with the Federal
* First Aid/CPR trained.
* Local to St. Francois County, communities include Bonne Terre,
Bismarck, Valles Mines, Farmington, French Village.
NECESSARY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Employee must maintain a constant
state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical
condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or
standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent
sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move
about. Truck driver must ensure that all activities are completed
in a safe and efficient way.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
* This position is subject to federal or company requirements
regarding COVID-19 vaccination or regular testing. Details to be
provided by the hiring manager. Employees are expected to comply
with all current and future federal and company requirements.
DOT COVERED/SAFETY-SENSITIVE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
* This position is not subject to federal requirements regarding
Department of Transportation "safety-sensitive" functions.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed outdoors with almost constant exposure to unusual
elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio
hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
Work environment is primarily anticipated year round.
* No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, you will be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable background check
results. If applicable to the contract, you must also obtain the
appropriate clearance levels required and be able to obtain access
to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and
retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants
and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an equal opportunity
employer/Veterans/Disabled. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment, without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, national origin, gender, or gender-identity, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability,
pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We
are a drug free workplace.
Keywords: Bering Straits Native Corporation, Evansville , Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Perryville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!