PATIENT CARE TECH
Company: Southern Illinois Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
OverviewYour Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow. - -At
-Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH), -we realize that in order to
provide our surrounding communities with excellent care, we must
begin by providing our employees with that same care and
appreciation. We offer rich opportunities to develop and grow
professionally, an environment of excellence in patient care, and
the awareness that everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth
of the superb efforts and dedication of our employees. -As a
non-profit system of almost 4000 employees, we have won national
acclaim for our cancer, cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging,
and rehabilitation services. -$17.34/hr minimum - $26.01/hr maximum
(range increases based on education, experience and certifications)
-Responsible for providing clerical unit support services as well
as patient care assistance to the patient care
- Maintains employee, patient and environmental safety.Record
- Maintains required records, logs, and other documents as
- Promotes a culture of process improvement by participating in
programs/meetings that supports the systems process improvement
goals.Role Specific Responsibilities
- Assists nursing staff with patient care activities.
- Assists in medical emergencies, including CPR
- Performs duties as outlined in the SIH CNA Manual
- Communicates change in patients condition to the Registered
- Obtains specimen collections as ordered and in accordance with
- Contributes to a healthy workplace environment, by using
professional communication skills.
- Transports patients as required.
- Transcribes and enters patient orders and charges, if
- Arranges for services and follow-up appointments.
- Answers call lights and phone calls and direct them to the
- Responds to Physician request and processes Physician
- Basic rhythm interpretation of telemetry strips.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information
- Orders and replaces forms, office supplies and restocks for
areas as needed.
- Processes patients medical record.
- Assist in the maintenance of office equipment.
- Demonstrates telephone triage, etiquette and interdepartmental
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- IL CNA certification or current LPN or RN nursing student
- BLS required
- COVID Vaccination -#PIQnursing -
Keywords: Southern Illinois Health, Evansville , PATIENT CARE TECH, Other , Carbondale, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!