Senior OSP Design Engineer, Fiber (BAU) - Mt Vernon
Company: Clearwave Fiber LLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
***This is a hybrid position, with 60% of your time in the field.
The successful candidate will be located in the Mt Vernon,
Fairfield, Centrella, or Harrisburg, IL area.The Senior OSP Design
Engineer will perform design and cost estimates about new-build and
over-build of Clearwave Fiber's OSP facilities. Primary
responsibilities include utilizing basic GIS-based field and
drafting tools to perform field operations such as taking field
notes, drafting such field notes, submitting permits, obtaining
financial approval on a given project, and performing QC on
construction prints and splicing sheets from outside contractors
and other sources. Additionally, this position will support
supervisors in the planning and managing of weekly and monthly
schedules, as well as identify resource gaps for upcoming
workloads. The ideal candidate for this role should constructively
challenge assumptions in the spirit of continuous improvement and
guide junior-level engineers to solutions through
collaboration.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop overall OSP system design for new developments and
over-builds for fiber facilities.
- Prepares cost estimates and material requirements for projects,
manages project financials, and performs financial true-up of
projects at the close.
- Prepares conduit drawings for power companies and
- Prepares and maintains detailed assignment documents of fiber
projects and communicates these with Facility Engineers.
- Evaluates new OSP products and designs for possible
- Assists in the preparation of the annual engineering budget.
Manages the purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Initiates OSP work orders for construction.
- Uses CAD design software to produce fiber designs and bill of
- Forecasts service demands to develop short, medium, and
- Works with network engineers to incorporate network
- Provides current new development land base and notifies mapping
technicians when all changes are complete.
- Performs aerial plant engineering, including make ready and
pole loading analysis.
- Prepares permits related to ROW, Railroad, and DOTs.
- Perform QC work in the field.
- Performs QC of construction prints and splicing sheets
submitted by outside contractors and other sources.
- Work with mapping technicians to provide/create/update special
maps for OSP, sales, and management.
- Provides input on best practices, permit processes, field
construction methods, and telecom products.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure the
effective operation of the department.
- Associate degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Construction
Management, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in Outside Plant Engineering
Design, Construction management, or OSP Field Inspector.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, as well as give
effective presentations to Supervisors and Managers. Also, escalate
problems and issues constructively.
- Ability to work independently and with supervisors to develop
solutions to complete assigned tasks. Shows initiative and offers
assistance when needed without being asked.
- Advanced Intermediate knowledge of outside plant engineering
and field design.
- Advanced Intermediate understanding of telecom products offered
and how to deliver these products to external customers.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on all aspects of technical
components required for field development and has working
relationships with permit agencies.
- Advanced Intermediate understanding of the permit process for
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory.
- Advanced understanding of purchase orders and vendor
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including
Visio, Excel, and Word is required.
- Advanced knowledge of drafting software is required.
- Advanced knowledge of 3GIS is required. BenefitsClearwave Fiber
appreciates the role our associates play to help the company grow,
and in return an excellent benefits package is offered to our
associates to recognize the importance of their contributions, such
- Lucrative short-term & long-term bonus plans
- Medical, dental, and vision plans - start when you start!
- Life insurance (self, spouse, children)
- Paid time off
- 401(k) - 100% company match (vesting and matching starts upon
hire, up to 5% of eligible compensation)
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Referral PlanAdditional Perks
- Free services if living within service area
- Tuition reimbursement - Clearwave encourages staff members to
pursue ongoing education and gain industry certifications
- Advancement opportunities
- Collaborative work environmentAbout us:Clearwave Fiber, a 100%
Fiber Optic Internet provider offering business, enterprise, and
residential communications services, is expanding its network to
reach new communities across the Midwest and Southeast regions.
This new venture was formed from Hargray Fiber and Clearwave
Communications. Clearwave Fiber has the financial backing of Cable
One, GTCR, Stephens Capital, and The Pritzker Organization. Our
Team of more than 400 colleagues is committed to delivering the
most advanced technology and customer service. If you enjoy
technology and are passionate about working with a new venture with
strong investment partners, we'd like to invite you to consider
joining us in this endeavor. Our Core Values:Purpose - We are about
more than ourselves.Ownership - We are owners.Courage - We embrace
challenge.Resourcefulness - We find a way.Simplicity - We focus on
what matters. Pre-hire Processes:Clearwave Fiber is committed to
keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are
contingent upon the results of background, drug screening, and
reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire
clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start
their successful and rewarding career. EOE/
Keywords: Clearwave Fiber LLC, Evansville , Senior OSP Design Engineer, Fiber (BAU) - Mt Vernon, Other , Harrisburg, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!