Markets and Securities Services Internship - 2023
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Our Global Banking Internships will inspire you to apply your
skills in an international business and allow you to explore your
interests within either Coverage Banking, Capital Financing and
Investment Banking Coverage, or Global Liquidity and Cash
**For:** University students who have finished their Junior or
third year of college
**Duration:** 10 weeks
**Areas:** Markets - Markets (off-cycle), Sales, Sales (off-cycle),
Trading, Trading (off-cycle) or Quants
**Start date:** June 2023
On our competitively paid internship, you'll experience life in
either Markets (Sales and Trading), Global Research or Securities
Services providing you with a well-rounded idea of what a career in
Markets & Securities Services can offer.
**What you can expect**
Markets & Securities Services at HSBC provides Markets, Global
Research and Securities Services requirements to major government,
corporate and institutional clients worldwide, uniquely positioned
to provide a bridge between emerging and developed markets. We look
for determination and courageous thinking, and we'll reward your
efforts with mutual support and a clear path for your future.
- You'll work alongside industry specialists, learning how the
different areas of Markets & Securities Services work together to
serve the broad range of needs of our clients.
- You'll collaborate with a diverse community of peers who will
encourage you to succeed.
- Our program of training, delivered through interactive
presentations, case studies and workshops, will help you keep up to
date with the fast-paced environment of Markets & Securities
**What you will do**
In Sales you will,
- Develop an understanding of different asset classes and product
types. You will also learn how the solutions we offer differ
depending on client type and needs.
- Understand the importance of both strong external and internal
- Work closely not only with your Sales colleagues, but also with
Trading and Global Research to ensure we deliver the best service
to our clients.
- Learn how to formulate views, with the aim that you can present a
trade idea by the end of your internship. You will build your
communication skills by presenting market views and investment
In Trading you will,
- Build your understanding of the various dynamics that drive
markets. You will learn the correlations between various factors
and get a feeling for what to look out for when trading a
- Learn about the broad range of products offered within our key
asset classes: Foreign Exchange, Emerging Markets Rates and
Commodities; Global Debt Markets; Equities; and Securities
Financing, and understand why clients trade them.
- Assist in an analytical project or build new tools that support
- Understand the relationships between Sales, Structuring and
Trading, as well as how this works to serve our clients.
For those interested in our Global Research internship, you
- Work alongside a team of experts to identify investment
opportunities that support the needs of our clients.
- Learn how our Economists analyse global themes and trends in
order to make economic and policy forecasts.
For those interested in our Securities Services internship, you
- Gain insight into a number of areas such as custody services,
investment operations, fund administration and middle office
services. Training, support and industry advice will be available
throughout your internship.
- Be part of our team, learning how we deliver regional and
international services and handle end-to-end transactions in a way
that protects our clients' interests.
- Work with peers and specialists to develop your skills and
broaden your knowledge of Securities Services, and how to offer a
better client service in a world that is more regulated and
competitively challenging than ever.
- You are expecting to graduate with an undergraduate degree in or
before June 2024.
- Currently hold a 3.2 cumulative GPA or overseas equivalent.
- You will not require visa sponsorship for employment in the US
now or in the future including OPT and F-1 visa.
- Fluent in English and be legally permitted to work in the US.
Keywords: HSBC, Evansville , Markets and Securities Services Internship - 2023, Other , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!