Company: CENTURY ALUMINUM
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Spanish Translator/Interpreter is responsible for
facilitating communication between Spanish and English-speaking
employees. This position will require the ability to interpret
accurately in both the simultaneous and consecutive modes, in
addition to translating documents from English to Spanish (and vice
versa). The position will require working in heavy industrial,
office, classroom, and medical settings. The position will follow
the DuPont schedule and will require the ability to work overtime
as needed.Qualifications:High school diploma or GED. Near-native
proficiency in both Spanish and English. At least one year
experience interpreting/translating in a workplace setting, as well
as experience working in industrial settings. Excellent verbal and
written communication skills, computer proficiency (including
Microsoft Office applications), and the ability to interact
professionally and respectfully with people of diverse
- Interpret from source language to target language between
individuals of diverse backgrounds in a variety of settings.
- Serve as interpreter in classroom and office settings (e.g.,
orientations, safety trainings, Human Resources investigations,
- Serve as interpreter inside the plant, for pre-shift meetings,
on-the-job trainings (e.g., carbon setting, pot operator, etc.),
and day-to-day communications between employees and
- Interpret for employee post-offer physical exams and testing,
as well as for employees who request medical attention.
- Translate written/typed documents from source language into
target language as requested by various departments.
- Maintain confidentiality when involved in interpretation of
situation that require sensitivity or discretion.
- Assist with recruiting events and interviews as needed
- Other duties as requested by Hispanic Workforce Coordinator
and/or Human Resources Manager.
Keywords: CENTURY ALUMINUM, Evansville , Translator, Other , Robards, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!