Company: American Electric Power
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Assist with technical and specialized work of a skilled nature in
connection with electrical and control systems; analysis, detection
and repair of single loop control systems , electronic devices,
communication systems, and instruments such as meters, gauges and
regulators; assist others in making tests, surveys and layout work
and the development of reports documenting results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) Assist in locating and repairing defects in control systems
involving electrical, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic or
hydraulic components, using elementary, wiring, schematic, logic or
2) Assist in low and medium voltage circuit breaker electrical
/mechanical interlock checks, repairs and adjustments that are
associated with breakers and plant electrical control and
3) Assist in or perform preventive maintenance and repair
activities on equipment such as: batteries, motors, compressed air
systems, fork-lifts, electric heaters, etc.
4) Make required equipment checks and inspections. Record data,
assist in performing tests and prepare reports, graphs, sketches
and curves. Compile and record data relating to projects, tests,
investigations. Insure all work is performed in accordance with all
standards and specifications.
5) Assist others in engineering layouts and preparing data for
engineering procedures, specifications, contracts, bills of
materials and requisitions for the installation, maintenance and
operation of equipment if applicable.
6) Use the work management system to locate or request parts,
create work requests/work orders, search and record work histories
7) As directed, request and accept permits to insure that equipment
to be worked on has been properly cleared and tagged.
8) Assist in installing and removing grounds as directed.
9) Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education requirements are listed below:
- Two year Associates degree in electronics or a qualifying
Engineering or Science, or high school diploma with two or more
years of related military experience, or a high school diploma with
5 or more years of related industrial technical electrical or
Work Experience requirement listed below:
Must have the knowledge and skill necessary to perform work in the
installation, inspection, repair, adjustment, calibration and
servicing of instruments and controls. .
Must be able to read, interpret and work from simple prints,
sketches and specifications. Must be able to work effectively with
other employees and learn to instruct and direct other
Must have demonstrated the ability to physically and mentally
perform work in all areas and heights required
Physical demand level is Medium and requirements details are listed
5) 5) Environmental conditions of cold, heat, dust, fumes
1) Must possess the appropriate State driver's license.
2) Successful completion of the Plant Maintenance Selection System
(MASS) test is required for this position. A review of Employment
Testing Information, Test-Taking Tips, and the POSS Practice Test
may be helpful. A link to these materials may be found at AEP.com
Careers by selecting Employment testing.
3) A physical abilities assessment is also required for this
4) Perform duties in accordance with all federal, state, local and
company environmental, safety and health regulations, policies,
procedures, rules and practices.
5) Report unsafe conditions, practices, irregularities and abnormal
conditions to appropriate supervision. Stop all unsafe work.
6) Will need to become knowledgeable of OSHA, Regulatory, and
Environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Keywords: American Electric Power, Evansville , Control Technician-Jr, Other , Rockport, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!