Respiratory Therapist Olney
Posted on: July 21, 2021
OFFERING PREMIUM PRN PAY $50/HR
The Respiratory Practitioner shall provide all aspects of
respiratory care under the guidance of a qualified physician and
the Director of Respiratory Therapy.
- Is able to effectively administer oxygen mixtures utilizing
various oxygen delivery devices. Can set up, initiate and maintain
ventilators and CPAP devices.
- Is familiar with the principles of airway maintenance,
endotracheal and tracheostomy care. Follows the procedures and
observations for care during and after
- Initiates and maintains cardiopulmonary resuscitation and other
related life support
- Confers with physicians regarding all aspects of Respiratory
Therapy concerning patient care.
- Administers specific dosages of all Respiratory Therapy related
medications as specified by a physician. Recognizes, interprets,
and records signs and symptoms of medication side effects,
particularly those that require notification of a
- Effectively and safely uses equipment for delivering positive
pressure, humidification, nebulization, and medications to
- Effectively utilizes methods that assist in the removal of
secretions from the bronchial tree such as,
hydration, breathing and coughing exercise,
postural drainage, chest percussion and airway suctioning.
- Performs 12 lead EKG’s and prepares them for physician
- Is able to dismantle and reassemble most of the Respiratory
Therapy equipment. Is able to take all necessary precautions
to insure the safe handling of all respiratory equipment.
- Works well with each age level of patient. Is sensitive to the
age specific needs of each individual patient and alters the
- Is able to occasionally oversee the work of Non-Certified
Technicians who are performing those procedures requiring a high
- Participates in the department’s continuing education
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement
- Interprets and carries out physician orders accurately and in a
- Able to allay anxieties of patient/families regarding
- Works with other departments to insure appropriate and
efficient service to patients.
- Performs all aspects of pulmonary function testing, if
trained. Effectively uses all department pulmonary function
- Is capable of working independently and can supervise the needs
of their shi
Keywords: CARLE, Evansville , Respiratory Therapist Olney, Other , Olney, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!