Pharmacy Technician - PRN
Company: Dean Health
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Fills prescriptions by retrieving the correct medication from
inventory matching the National Drug Code (NDC), manufacturer, drug
name strength, form, and quantity. Assist in dispensing
prescriptions by pouring liquids, mixing suspensions and counting
prefabricated dosage units. Packages finished prescriptions after
being checked by a pharmacist and place into the will call, mail
out or delivery areas.
- Assists the pharmacist with entering prescription information
into the electronic record and submits claims to insurance
companies for payment. Resolves third party rejections and reduces
audit risks by ensuring all information is entered properly and
- Maintains electronic records related to patient profile,
insurance and new, transferred or discontinued prescriptions.
- Bills insurance and/or customers for prescriptions and
merchandise and resolves questions and/or insurance rejections
through proper channels. Maintain knowledge of Medication Therapy
Management (MTM) programs from different insurers to identify and
flag qualifying patients.
- Maintains patient charges, payroll deductions and monthly
billing per local policy. Operates the cash register or point of
sale (POS) system and performs end of day balance per established
- Follows all procedures for documenting and dispensing
controlled substances. Handles controlled substances in a manner
that ensures accountability and security.
- Assures medications are available for patients by assisting in
inventory control including: ordering, checking in orders, stocking
shelves, updating the computerized inventory system, rotating
stock, processing recalls and conducting routine inspections of all
areas where drugs are stored in the pharmacy for outdated and
unusable medications and quarantining them in a separate area from
- Assist in maintaining pharmacy records per regulatory
standards. Which may include: filing prescriptions, invoices,
signature & temperature logs, etc.
- Provide customer service through: greeting and acknowledging
every customer, is knowledgeable of merchandise and assists
customers within the pharmacy. Informs patients when delays are
encountered with filling their prescription. Performs all duties of
a pharmacy clerk.
- Provide excellent customer service to patients, other staff and
ancillary departments and maintains high standards of
confidentiality in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability
and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
This is a PRN (as needed) position covering for vacations, etc.
Variable shifts and days. Great opportunity to pick up some extra
Under the supervision of a pharmacist, is responsible for
providing support to pharmacists including, but not limited to
review of prescription orders, locating medication, preparation,
counting, labeling, packing, delivery of medications to customers
and reconciliation of claims in compliance with all state and
Keywords: Dean Health, Evansville , Pharmacy Technician - PRN, Other , Mount Vernon, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!