Clinical Partner CNA Float Nights
Company: Dean Health
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: June 13, 2021
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN)
in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated
competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient
age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment and
reassessment at specific times for patient population. Documents
and provides appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and
validation of patient's response to care or treatment and when
significant change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information
via charting and communicating to team members.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient
condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant
other educational needs.
- Answers patients' calls for help, takes their vital signs, and
monitors their behavior and physical condition for progress or
deterioration. Assists with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care,
personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds.
Performs dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning,
cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological
specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of
- Prepares patients for discharge and accompanies them upon
dismissal as indicated.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with
patient care needs and cost containment. Utilizes time and supplies
economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering
telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders,
preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing
- Performs mechanical and manual operation of equipment as
recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common
mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an approved nurse aide training program and
passing grade on state of work location required exam
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate employees like you. Our CNA roles are called Clinical
Partners because this is an integral role in our care team, and we
see it as a partnership. As a Clinical Partner, you've chosen a
career where patients matter - a lot. As a Clinical Partner, you
will learn ways to adapt care and adjust to different treatment
plans for our patients' evolving needs. As an advocate for each
patient, you may comfort patients and their families; encourage
patients to improve; and fulfill other roles as needed. The work
can be demanding as well as emotionally rewarding. If the needs,
wants and goals of each patient matter to you then we'd love to
hear from you. Please fill out an application today!
This is a full time (36 hours/week) night shift Clinical Partner
Float position that will work at both Southern Illinois Campuses,
Good Samaritan Hospital in Mt. Vernon, and St. Mary's Hospital in
Centralia. Hours are 7 pm to 7 am with some weekends and holiday
rotation. May also work as a Patient Safety Attendant as
Assists in performing a variety of nursing care services for
Keywords: Dean Health, Evansville , Clinical Partner CNA Float Nights, Other , Mount Vernon, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!