Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are
just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one
of the world's most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading
the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions
designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We're looking
for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge
what's possible with us.
Who we're looking for
Toyota's Paint Department is looking for a passionate and highly
motivated Senior Engineer.
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage area
project schedules for new material trials, new model paint trials,
cost reduction and material performance improvements.
Reporting to the Materials Manager, the person in this role will
support the PE Paint department's objective to independently manage
the development and implementation of new materials, new colors,
and new technologies while mentoring junior engineers in the
What you'll be doing
- Lead planning, evaluations and implementations for new colors
and new materials in the Body Paint and Bumper Paint shops.
- Facilitate long-term planning for Body Paint and Bumper Paint
materials, including cross functional facilitation with related
groups (R&D, QPAA, NAMC QE, NAMC PE, etc.).
- Lead lab workability and on-line testing for new
- Establish necessary process controls and parameters (RJ) for
new materials/technologies in cross-functional environment.
- Lead materials related problem-solving efforts across multiple
divisions as necessary.
- Lead CPU impact for new materials.
- Assess the environmental impact of new
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in an Engineering Field or
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in paint project management working across multiple
- Color and appearance evaluations experience
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering
- TBP completed through panel
- Experience in automotive manufacturing in paint production
- Experience in paint application evaluation
- Experience in paint lab doing workability evaluations
What we'll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all
the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development
opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance
your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire
- Flexible work options based on business needs
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well
as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of
whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child
care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse
perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is
our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10 different Business
Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter
locations that support team members' efforts to dream, do and grow
without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been
one of DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member
of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and
woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an
equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the
communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to
race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or
veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check
out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com!
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job
applicants for employment-based visas or any other work
authorization for this position at this time.