Posted on: June 12, 2021
Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina
and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast
and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built
on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating
back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made
aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since
inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our
talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and
best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability
and stronger communities wherever we operate.
Roll Grinder is responsible for heavy assembly and regrinding of
large rolling mill rolls. Duties and working procedures
- Calibrate test equipment and maintain records.
- Perform mechanical repair of roll grinding machines and fixed
- Select, balance, and install grinding wheels.
- Position rolls in grinding machine with pendant and radio
- Rough turn and grind rolls to desired shape and finish.
- Chamfer back-up rolls to prevent spalling or cracking.
- Grind extrusion rams to desired shape and finish.
- Check surface quality, hardness, and shape with profilemeter,
perthometer, micrometer and caliper.
- Develop, read, interpret sketches and blueprints.
- Adjust, lubricate and maintain roll grinding machines.
- Record roll grinding information such as downtime, tracking of
rolls and operations.
- Order parts and supplies.
- Calibrate and troubleshoot roll grinding machines.
- Perform sling/wire rope inspections.
- Handling of LP gas transportation.
- Braze, cut, weld, repair and fabricate structures.
- Perform rigging duties to remove and replace major components
of grinding machines and to handle broken rolls.
Keywords: Alcoa, Evansville , Roll Grinder, Other , Newburgh, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!