At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by
changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day
in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary
Planning Engineer develops long-term maintenance and investment
(Capital) project plans and provides technical support for thermal
and renewable generation sites in the U.S. Under general
supervision, is responsible for labor and material specification
development, budget development, material procurement, and bid
review of assigned projects.
The Project Engineer is primarily responsible for labor and
material specification development, budget development, material
procurement, and bid review of assigned projects. Employee will be
responsible for assisting as needed in the diagnosis of mechanical
and electrical equipment issues including technical direction to
both contracted and plant personnel, as needed.
1) Perform any necessary inspections on mechanical / electrical
generation equipment during outages or downtime as needed to
support facility operations and project planning efforts.
2) Create, scope, project justification, cost estimates, and
budget future work plans for maintenance,
upgrade, and replacement of assets.
3) Reports and maintains current programs which assist the
plant's operations and maintenance division.
4) Prepares estimates, construction drawings, material
specifications and lists, procurement forms, work
orders, contracts, and property record reports.
5) Utilize Management of Change for controlling modification to
equipment, systems, and processes.
6) Instructs and trains less senior or less experienced
personnel on the technical aspects of their job, as
7) Serves as a representative of the Company, as assigned.
Ensure personal and contractor safety.
8) Accepts short term assignments at other AES facilities.
9) Ensure personal and contractor safety performance by meeting
or exceeding AES safety policy requirements.
10) Control project costs by completing economic evaluations for
all applicable projects during budget process and for major
emergent work and maintaining projects costs within allowed limits
of approved cost estimate.
11) Ensure Supply Chain engagement in procurement activities by
providing bid specifications to Supply Chain in accordance with the
procurement policy requirements. Provide generating station
operations & maintenance support by adequately responding to
operational & maintenance support requests in a timely and
cooperative manner and actively participating in technical working
groups as assigned. Is expected to accept temporary planning
assignments at other AES facilities on an as needed basis.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Experience in Thermal and Renewable Electric Utility and Power
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Suite required, SAP
and GE APM experience helpful.
- Strong background in Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Maintenance and Reliability Professional Certification (CMRP)
- Experience in project management with demonstrated ability to
work in a team environment
- Strong communicator both oral and written.
- Strong platform or public speaking skills for making
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively with
others as well as operate with a minimum of supervision.
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to
building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through
diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences
and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people,
customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we
live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin,
ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental
disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition,
military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social
Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of
Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's
I-9 to confirm work authorization.