STARTING WAGE: $12.00 PER HOUR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sorts soiled linen in the laundry chute room by fabric
- Loads and unloads washing machines and dryers by fabric
Removes terry from dryer to be folded, then loads completed work
in 14 bushel plastic carts.
- Feeds clean linen through a gas heated ironer press and loads
completed work in 14 bushel plastic carts.
- Uses potentially dangerous chemicals in a safe and secure
Wears eye protection when manually putting chemicals into
washers or when using spot treatment chemicals.
- Learns operating times of washers and dryers, chemicals and
required settings for each type of fabric.
- Keeps Laundry area clean at all times and cleans all equipment
and work area.
- Observes proper safety practices and reports all unsafe
- Monitors laundered items for sub-standard condition and sets
aside for troubleshooting later.
- Applies different stain removing chemicals to reclaim stains
and returns items to general inventory.
Discards un-reclaimable items per property discard policy.
- Keeps a count of production with each shift and keeps a count
of reclaimed items and discarded items.
- Delivers and picks up terry and linen from the LeMerigot
- Assists housekeepers by stripping Tropicana Hotel guest rooms
of terry and linen.
- May assist housekeeping by stocking linen closets with clean
terry and linen.
- May drive the box truck to make deliveries to LeMerigot if
approved to drive company vehicles.
- Operates the box trucks lift gate in a safe manner to avoid
- Notifies laundry lead, room inspector or supervisor if
equipment needs adjustment or repair.
- Uses correct procedures for operating all equipment and correct
chemicals for each cleaning process.
- Follows proper procedure for all lost and found items
discovered in soiled laundry.
- Uses the time clock per policy and notifies the laundry lead,
inspector or supervisor when the clock does not capture a punch or
fails to punch the clock during shift.
- Wears proper uniform as per policy as well as nonslip
- Participates in daily briefings.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill
and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and
six months experience in laundry preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None needed.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write
legibly simple correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.