Airfield Management Operations Manager (Overseas)
Company: Chugach Government Solutions
Posted on: June 12, 2021
With over 25 years of experience, Chugach Government Solutions
(CGS) is a seasoned government contractor, providing a wide span of
services to our federal customers. Our subsidiaries specialize in a
wide variety of services to include, facility maintenance,
IT/technical services, construction and education. We set the
standard for first-class business services in the global market,
and we remain to make a difference for our shareholders.
CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation
(Chugach), one of the twelve (12) original Alaska Native Regional
Corporations formed under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act
of 1971. Chugach is privately held by Alaska Natives, our
shareholders, and its stock is not publicly traded.
As a preferred employer in our industry, we offer a competitive
compensation and benefits package, professional growth
opportunities, and more!
This position is located on Ascension Island.
Responsible for general oversight and supervision of Airfield
Management Operations, Air Terminal Operations and Aerospace Ground
Equipment (AGE).Provides day-to-day supervision and direction to
Essential Duties Job Functions
- Coordinate and supervise the operation of Airfield Management,
Air Terminal Operations, Transient Aircraft Service, Air Traffic
Control, aircrew services and ground support services.
- Effectively manage and inspect the airfield environment for
safety and compliance with the established Air Force, FAA, ICAO, or
NATO airfield planning and design criteria.
- Airfield Manager (AFM) shall maintain the Airfield Inspection
and Checks Operating Instruction (OI), Airfield Inspection
Checklist, Airfield Diagram and Airfield Discrepancy Log to
establish procedures for inspecting the airfield for safety and
compliance with airfield planning and design criteria.
- Ensure all cargo and passenger air movements are met in
accordance with Air Force directives.
- Provide oversight for the marshalling of aircraft and
positioning of ground support equipment for aircraft
- Inspect the airfield and coordinates for necessary maintenance
- Support the project Safety Plan through personal involvement in
all aspects of safety. Including training and attention to the
adherence to safety standards pertaining to particular trades or
- Ensure subordinate employees time records accurately reflect
hours worked and that the correct job activity is charged.
- Make recommendations to Station Management for long-range
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Timely, accurate, cost effective performance of duties.
- Working closely and harmoniously with other employees, third
party contractors, and customers.
- Adherence to contract requirements and company policies.
- Reading, writing and speaking the English language,
communicating to a diverse audience.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Candidate must already possess USAF NCOIC, Airfield Management
Operations certification or have equivalent education and
supervisory experience executing AM duties that correlates to tasks
in the NCOIC, Airfield Management Operations and Training PCG and
duties described in AFI 13-204v3 at a military or civil
- Newly hired personnel must complete local qualification
training and those not USAF certified must complete the NCOIC,
Airfield Management Operations and Training PCG within 6
- Must have knowledge of DoD, Air Force, Federal Aviation
Administration, International Civil Aviation rules, and other
applicable laws, regulations, instructions, and directives as they
pertain to airfield standards, aircraft operations, and airfield
- Minimum three (3) years Airfield Management experience.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to utilize MS Office
Suite, and a variety of databases.
- Associates Degree or Trade certification.
- Ability to quickly relocate assets and respond to airfield
- U.S. citizen.
- Valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug
- Willing to live and work on the remote island of Ascension with
no family accommodations available.
- Bachelors degree in business management, aeronautical
discipline or related field.
- Advanced Airfield Managers Certification
- AAAE Airfield Operations ACE and Certified Member (CM).
- Five years supervisory experience.
- Minimum three (3) years management experience executing duties
in AFI 13-204v3 at a military or civilian airport.
- Seven Years aviation work experience.
CGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, religion, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected
veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Hiring
preference will be given to Chugach shareholders, their spouses and
descendants, Alaska Natives and American Indians in accordance with
Public Law 93-638.
ASCENSION ISLAND, SH
Keywords: Chugach Government Solutions, Evansville , Airfield Management Operations Manager (Overseas), Other , Island, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!