Pay starts at $18.33
- Part-time up to 30 hours
Move the freight that moves the world forward.
At XPO Logistics, one of the world's leading logistics and
transportation companies, we provide the solutions that
organizations around the globe count on. As a Dockworker, you'll
play an important role in making sure freight gets where it needs
to go. You'll work alongside a top caliber management team that
understands the transportation industry and how to bring out your
best. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you
build a career you can be proud of.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including
pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
- Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended
periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days,
evenings, nights and weekends due to varying freight volumes
It'd be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Desire to succeed with a strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and
weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs.
- Sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized
freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including
a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading
dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull,
twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Owensboro
Job Segment: Supply, Logistics, Supply Chain, Part Time,
Apply now "