Pharmacy Technician - PRN - Variable Shifts
Company: Dean Health
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: June 13, 2021
- Prepares medications for pharmacist verification prior to
refill in automated dispensing machines. Packs and labels
medication orders requested from units, includes unit dose
packaging products as indicated. Delivers medications to automated
dispensing machines and uses expiration tracking feature. Monitors
the automated dispensing cabinets notifications. Alerts pharmacist
if unable to resolve notifications.
- Delivers patient medication doses to the proper unit area(s)
and returns unused or discontinued doses to the pharmacy. Retrieves
discharged patient medications from storage areas on nursing units
to reduce the opportunity for wrong-patient related safety
- Assures supplies are safe by conducting monthly inspections of
all areas where drugs are stored (in Pharmacy and other
departments) replacing outdated or unusable medications.
- Assures medications are available for patients by assisting in
inventory control including: ordering, checking in orders, stocking
shelves, updating the computerized inventory system, rotating
stock, processing recalls and conducting quarterly inspections of
all areas where drugs are stored in the pharmacy for outdated and
unusable medications and quarantining them in a separate are from
- Follows all procedures for documenting and dispensing
controlled substances. Handles controlled substances in a manner
that ensures accountability and security.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
This is a PRN (as needed) position. No set hours or benefits -
shift differential available and added to base rate for 2nd and 3rd
shift hours. Great for someone wanting to pick up additional hours
to their current position.
Provides support to pharmacists including, but not limited to
review of prescription orders, locating medications, preparation,
counting, labeling, packing and delivery of medications to
customers. Responsible for the technical operation of the drug
distribution system. Responsible for the stocking and maintaining
of automated dispensing systems. Trained in the preparation of
Keywords: Dean Health, Evansville , Pharmacy Technician - PRN - Variable Shifts, Other , Mount Vernon, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!