Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A
Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara
Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is
yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
The Route Sales Professional represents BBU in the market,
selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail customers,
restaurants, and institutions. Through world class market
execution, the Route Sales Professional’s primary focus is to
maximize sales to customers through strong customer relationships,
good business practices that drive profitable sales growth, and
provide incidental sales-related service that exceeds the
Key Job Responsibilities (including duties incidental to primary
• Analyze sales data to help drive effective decisions in the
market as well as drive brand growth with customers through
increased sales and the acquisition of new space and displays.
• Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to
initiate and maximize sales in retail, restaurant, and
institutional customers, ensure client retention by exceeding
expectations with new and current customers.
• Drive in store excellence by selling displays to drive
incremental sales, ensuring racks are set in accordance with
customer guidelines, and the seamless execution of promotions.
• Investigate, create and follow through on all growth
opportunities including soliciting new customers to grow market
share on strategic brands by selling and supporting incremental
displays and the generation of new leads to solicit new business
within the route territory.
• Execution of world class merchandising and proper rotation of
all products to ensure the best quality and freshness of our
• Introduces new products and services to maximize sales and
shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new
• Responsible for taking and maintaining proper inventory counts
and placing product orders using a hand held device as well as
servicing customers in accordance with customers’ established
service frequency patterns.
• Utilize the order management tools (order management program,
promotional and holiday planning information) while making
independent ordering decisions to ensure optimal orders are being
placed for each customer to ensure adequate and fresh products are
being sold and delivered.
• Conduct daily route settlement procedures to account for all
products, invoices, and cash.
• Drives company route truck safely; safely loads and unloads
Correctly completes DOT logs and submits other documentation,
paperwork and deposits on time. Lives and promotes the company’s
safety beliefs and principles, ensuring safe work practices are
being followed by all and working to eliminate unsafe conditions to
drive the achievement of the safety goal of zero incidents.
• Lives and promotes the Beliefs of the Company, including
respect for people, continuous improvement, exceeding customer and
consumer expectations as well as working to meet the company’s
strategic and financial goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The foregoing list of duties is intended to generally
illustrate the types of duties a Route Sales Professional may
perform. The actual duties performed by each Route Sales
Professional, and the amount of time spent on each duty, varies
from day to day and from route to route. Duties and the time
devoted to varying duties further vary depending on, among other
things, the Route Sales Professional’s customers, experience,
skills, manager(s), and personal preferences/motivation.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
• Strong sales abilities and eagerness to learn more skills in
• Ability to be adaptive and open to change.
• Ability to work independently, analyze a situation accurately,
make decisions independently, and take effective action.
• Ability to organize and coordinate work.
• Ability to manage effective work and customer relations.
• Ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.