Company: Proactive MD
Posted on: May 5, 2021
People are a company's greatest resource, which is why caring
for employees and keeping them healthy is so important. Proactive
MD offers a comprehensive health management solution that extends
well beyond the clinic walls. Access to on-site physicians, full
direct primary care services, and excellent client support are the
hallmarks of our program. By engaging a workforce and offering them
a personal relationship with a primary care physician, we can
deliver measurably better outcomes, making people happier,
healthier, and more productive while significantly lowering overall
medical costs for employers. We put employees' health first because
amazing care yields amazing results. We are the next generation of
workplace health centers.
The mission of the Patient Advocate (PaD) is to facilitate and
ensure continuity in patient care and serve as a conduit of care
between the services of the health center and into the community.
The PaD will strategically engage employees and their dependents
before, during, and after visits to the center in order to ensure
we are providing personalized, informative, and compassionate care.
The PaD role is supported by and reports to the Senior Patient
Advocate The individual will work closely with the Vice President
of Service Delivery, Account Manager, Medical Assistant, Provider,
and Client HR Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Coordination of Care
- Under the direction of the Provider and Sr. Patient Advocate,
the PaD will coordinate care with external specialists, labs,
medical equipment providers, counselors, health classes, etc.
- Ensure electronic medical records are provided to Proactive
MD's Provider following any specialist visit.
- Receive prior authorizations required by the insurance company
for tests or procedures.
- Assist patients in navigating the healthcare system.
- Coordinate care when a patient is admitted and discharged from
the emergency room or hospital. Ensure Proactive MD's Provider is
included in the aftercare process.
- Visit hospitalized patients to ensure care coordination is
directed by the Provider.
- Encourage and coordinate follow up visits at the health and
- Works in coordination with the on-site Provider to analyze data
and develop outreach campaigns and educational resources. The PaD
is responsible for the execution and success of these
- Represent the health and wellness center at internal and
external meetings and events.
- Be knowledgeable about and provide information to patients
regarding available community services that could enhance their
- Coordinate patient care and treatment plans; provide
educational materials/consultation; follow up on patient
Reporting & Analytics
- Analyzes data to bring forth information as it pertains to
population risk management. The PaD utilizes this data in
collaboration with the Provider to develop outreach campaigns and
outreach programs accordingly.
- Evaluate historical claims data; collaborate with physician on
clinical priorities; and develop programs, outreach campaigns, and
educational resources that will encourage health and wellness
- Assists with client relations. Generates and provides reports
or documents for the Account Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 2+ years of experience working in healthcare setting, Medical
or Healthcare Social Work in similar setting, or Case Management
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree required
- Knowledge of the concepts and principles of case
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working
relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and available patient
- Knowledge of payors
- Ability to prioritize needs and plan work accordingly
- Knowledge of HIPPA confidentiality requirements
TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This role will be expected to work a minimum of 40 hours/week as
directed. Typical workdays are Monday through Thursday. Evening and
weekend work are infrequent but may occasionally be required as
business needs dictate. This is a non-management role with
professional growth opportunities within Proactive MD.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Proactive MD, Evansville , Patient Advocate, Other , Vincennes, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!