Technical Maintenance 3rd Shift
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Location: Hanson, KY
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA: Overtime eligible
Remote Status: On-Site
The primary function of this position is to provide day to day maintenance and upkeep of the production floor equipment which includes Dematic mutli-shuttle and ML20 systems, forklifts and conveyors. This includes implementing a preventive maintenance schedule for all production floor systems and ordering and storing conveyor and lift truck spare parts/equipment.
We are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being inclusive, recognizing that our differences make us stronger as we strive to build a better world, together, for all hardworking people. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
* Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
* Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust. Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
* Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment failures using computer software, identify appropriate solutions, and repair equipment as needed.
* Reference equipment blueprints, diagrams, or other resource materials to ensure proper inspection, repair, and use of equipment.
* Perform Allen Bradley (AB) PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and View HMI.
* Use Visio to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings.
* Maintain inventory and storage of conveyor & lift truck spare parts/equipment in a neat manner
* Assist in establishing and maintaining safety, housekeeping and preventive guidelines in assigned areas
* Responsible for timely reporting of problems in work area to appropriate personnel
* Responsible for ensuring each job performed is within set procedural work methods
* Conform to all requirements of internal and external Carhartt customers
* Maintain all industrial equipment
* Troubleshoot networking communications through gateways that communicate with PLC's. (Canbus, ASI and Profibus.
* Order and maintain inventory in a timely manner
* High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Required Skills and Experience
* 2-5 years Technical Maintenance experience required
* Degree in Technical field preferred
* PLC, Robotics experience required
* Experience in Allen Bradley (AB) PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and View HMI preferred. Familiar with AB PLC processors (CompactLogix and ControlLogix preferred) and input/output modules. Knowledge of other non-AB control systems.
* Excellent problem solving, decision making and planning skills
* Must be willing to work overtime to help train or oversee maintenance needs.
* HVAC preferred
* Proficient in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting up to 480 volts and control wiring.
* Proficient computer skills/use software to diagnose problems/repairs.
* Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with all levels associates within the organization
* Must maintain body weight below 300 lbs due to SRT safety requirement
* Must be able to read/speak/write English
* Ability to operate position specific equipment
* Distribution Environment
* Heavy Lifting (50-70 lbs.)
* Safety Requirements for Equipment/300 lb Weight Limit
* Shift Scheduling
* Tobacco Free
* Union and Non Union Environment
* Weekend Hours
* Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
* On Call Availability
* On-Site location: Associate will work on-site for all work-related activities.
* Travel (5%)
* Work Environment-Indoor and Outdoor with Extreme Temperature Variations
* Work/Operate Under Hazardous Conditions
Nearest Major Market: Evansville
Keywords: Carhartt, Evansville , Technical Maintenance 3rd Shift, IT / Software / Systems , Hanson, Indiana
here to apply!