Systems Administrator - Enterprise Monitoring
Company: MetroNet Inc.
Posted on: September 25, 2022
DescriptionMetroNet has an immediate opening for a Remote;
Systems Administrator - Enterprise Monitoring!
At MetroNet, our culture is at the heart of everything we do. This
is seen in the way we serve our customers, interact with each
other, and take care of our company. As one of the fastest growing
100% Fiber-Optic technology companies, we pride ourselves on having
an outstanding company culture and work environment. We value
work-life harmony and your ability to manage your workload - that's
why this role is 100% remote!
We're looking for motivated, self-starters to join our team and
help us build upon our culture!
We believe that work/life harmony should be easy to achieve. We
offer a variety of resources and support needed to bring your full
self to work and stay present and committed to the people who
matter most - your family.
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by the company
- Company-paid Disability and Life insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- 401(k) company match dollar for dollar up to 6%
- Equipment and resources provided on day one
- Opportunities for advancement
- Professional development programs
- Associate perks and discounts
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- And more!
The Systems Administrator - Enterprise Monitoring performs the
tasks necessary to analyze, design, configure, author, implement
and support Metronet's Enterprise Monitoring systems, related
services, processes, applications, and integrations. This will
involve working closely with Technology Operations, Enterprise
Network and Network Operations functional and technical areas,
process owners, and vendors. Tasks will consist of developing
detailed designs, executing, and troubleshooting strategic
solutions in support of effective monitoring, alerting, escalation,
automation, reporting, and event correlation. The position includes
resolving application and configuration issues and concerns,
providing ongoing analysis of performance, implementing approved
changes, and ensuring continual service improvements in
What you will be doing:
- Diagram and document monitoring system solutions,
configurations, and operational procedures.
- Analyze business requirements and design comprehensives,
cost-effective enterprise-level solutions.
- Perform complex systems design, implementation, and integration
- Assist with developing the long-term roadmap.
- Provide specific and relevant reporting to stakeholders in
support of root cause analysis and platform performance
- Support and maintain Enterprise Monitoring systems and is
responsible for daily troubleshooting.
- Perform cross-training across a variety of monitoring tools
used within the organization.
What You Need for This Position:
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of cloud computing.
Experience working with AWS Cloud Infrastructure environments and
developing/implementing AWS Policies. Azure, AWS, and GCP
- Experience with design, implementation, and support of
monitoring tools in a complex, multi-platform environment.
- Experience with a diverse range of monitoring suites and tools,
including, but not limited to: Splunk, Federos Assure1 (Monolith),
Dynatrace, and Solarwinds.
- Knowledge of application performance management and web-based
- Experience with industry-standard OS such as RedHat Enterprise
Linux, CentOS, ESX/ESXi, and Windows.
- Demonstrated ability with programming and scripting languages.
Experience with the following is highly desirable - Bash, Perl &
Python. Experience with Git, Ansible and Terraform is
- Demonstrated ability working with various database platforms
such as Oracle, MySQL, and Postgres.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to
present complex ideas and designs to a variety of technical or
- Proficiency in Agile Development, DevOPs and CI/CD
- Understanding of security and vulnerability best practices and
- Degree in computer science or a similar field.
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Find out what it means to love your career and apply now!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: MetroNet Inc., Evansville , Systems Administrator - Enterprise Monitoring, IT / Software / Systems , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!