Company: SSM Health
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: March 18, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.IL-SSM Health Good
Samaritan Hospital - Mt. VernonWorker Type:Regular Job Summary:
Provides care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse
or physician, functioning within the scope of license. Job
Responsibilities and Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the assessment of patients and ensures the
well-being of patients.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse
reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs laboratory tests and therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan
including self care post discharge, holistic health needs,
available resources and follow up care.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or education
equivalency for licensingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running. Licenses / Certifications: Basic
Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart
Association (AHA), FUTURE - Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
(BLS HCP) within 90 days - American Heart Association (AHA),
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - State of Work Location or Compact
Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)
Job Type: EmployeeDepartment: MP 420 GastroenterolScheduled Weekly
Hours:40 SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights
laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex. Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Evansville , RN/LPN/CMA Gastroenterology, Healthcare , Mount Vernon, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...