Physician - Pulmonary and Critical Care - Full Time - Mt. Vernon, Illinois
Company: SSM Health
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: March 17, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
IL-SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
SSM Health - Illinois seeks a Pulmonary & Critical Care Physician to join its established Pulmonary and Critical Care service line of SSM Health - Medical Group. This is an employed position with SSM Health Medical Group located in Mt. Vernon and Centralia Illinois, where easy access is available to St. Louis, Chicago, Evansville, Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, & Memphis.
Highlights of the opportunity are:
* Practice at a brand new state of the art facility with a 16 bed critical care unit.
* Navigational bronchoscopy's are available if clinically competent to perform them.
* Established hospitalist program available for inpatient admissions
* Facility is a not-for-profit Catholic institution affiliated with SSM Health Illinois
* Employed position with hospital affiliated medical group
* 250,000 population service area covering 9 counties
* Will be responsible for working .75 FTE as a Pulmonary physician doing both pulmonary clinic and pulmonary consults and procedures
* Will be responsible for working .25 FTE as a Critical Care physician rounding in the Critical Care unit for 7 days a month on average. Each day is a 12 hour shift from 7 am-7 pm and night call.
Excellent Financial Package:
* Guaranteed Base Salary ranging from $400k to $425k (based on experience) for the first 2 years
* Earning potential of $500k+
* Occurrence based malpractice insurance
* Student loan repayment available
Candidates will expect to:
* Work both in the clinic and the hospital
* While on clinic weeks, they will be responsible for outpatient clinics, pulmonary consults, pulmonary procedures and outreach clinics
* While on Intensivist weeks, they will be responsible for working 7 days of 12-hour day shifts.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
6350000160 MP 420 Pulmonology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
It's more than a career, it's a calling
Keywords: SSM Health, Evansville , Physician - Pulmonary and Critical Care - Full Time - Mt. Vernon, Illinois, Healthcare , Mount Vernon, Indiana
here to apply!