RN - Emergency - Nights
Company: SSM Health
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: March 18, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingIL-SSM Health Good
Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon Worker Type: Regular Job
Highlights: Sign-On Bonus Available This is a full-time, 36 hours
per week, night shift RN position in the Emergency Department at
Good Samaritan Hospital in Mt. Vernon, IL. Hours are 7 pm to 7 am
or 9 pm to 9 am with rotating weekends and holidays. Sign-on
bonuses are for external qualified candidates. Internal candidates,
please check with your recruiter to see what options are available
for you.Job Summary:Provides direct nursing care in settings where
patients require complex assessments and intervention, in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health care
consumer's health and/or situation.
- Triages each health care consumer utilizing age,
developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive practices to
prioritize and optimize health care consumer flow, expediting those
health care consumers who require immediate care.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
health care consumer or the situation.
- Implements, coordinates, and educates, to promote health and a
safe practice environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and the profession.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to Emergency Nursing practice,
ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart
Association (AHA), Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) -
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) - American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal
Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Academy
Pediatrics (AAP), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American
Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work
Location or Compact Multi-State License, Trauma Nursing Core Course
(TNCC) - American Heart Association (AHA), Trauma Nursing Core
Course (TNCC) - Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)Work Shift:Night
Shift (United States of America) Job Type: Employee Department:
Emergency Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36 SSM Health complies with
applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Evansville , RN - Emergency - Nights, Healthcare , Mount Vernon, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...