EMT Arrow Ambulance
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Arrow EMT responds to emergency and non-emergency ambulance
requests. Has assigned daily and weekly duties, such as cleaning of
ambulances and equipment, to complete during work hours.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Emergency Medical Tech (EMT) License Illinois upon hire and
Driver's License upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30
days and National Incident Mgmt System (NIMS) 100 within 6 months
and National Incident Mgmt System (NIMS) 200 within 6 months and
National Incident Mgmt System (NIMS) 700 within 6 months and
National Incident Mgmt System (NIMS) 800 within 6 months and
Hazardous Materials Awareness Certification within 6 months and
Emergency Response to Terrorism (ERT) Certification within 6 months
Two (2) years driving experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
A working knowledge of the EMS system. Ability to work under the
direction of a paramedic in a patient care setting. Prior to
functioning as a licensed EMS provider, applicants must test into
the Carle Regional EMS System, which may include a written exam and
a skills assessment. A letter of good standing from the most recent
EMS system worked must also be provided. In cases where an
individual does not have prior EMS experience, the letter
requirement will be waived.
- Responds to emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate
care to the ill and injured.
- Checks and monitors ambulance readiness.
- Clearly communicates crew and vehicle position at all
- Cleans ambulances, utility vehicles, and crews quarters
- Provides direction to EMT's while on ambulance calls.
- Transports patients in wheel chair van when needed.
- Manages care of patients during transport to the hospital.
- Assess blood glucose and provide treatment if necessary
- Performs CPR and uses an AED
- Controls hemorrhage. Applies bandages and dressings.
- Assess for breathing difficulties and applies oxygen when
- Assist in childbirth
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Evansville , EMT Arrow Ambulance, Healthcare , Olney, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!