Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) shall provide all aspects
of respiratory care under the guidance of a qualified physician and
the Director of Respiratory Therapy.
Associates Respiratory Therapy
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in Illinois, and Certified
Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credential. Basic Life Support (BLS)
within 30 days of hire. ACLS, PALS and NRP within one year of
- Effectively administer oxygen mixtures utilizing various oxygen
delivery devices. Can set up, initiate and maintain ventilators and
- Is familiar with the principles of airway maintenance,
endotracheal and tracheostomy care. Follows the procedures and
observations for care during and after extubation.
- Initiates and maintains cardiopulmonary resuscitation and other
related life support procedures.
- Confers with physicians regarding all aspects of Respiratory
Therapy concerning patient care.
- Administers specific dosages of all Respiratory Therapy related
medications as specified by a physician.
- Recognizes, interprets, and records signs and symptoms of
medication side effects, particularly those that require
notification of a physician.
- Effectively and safely uses equipment for delivering positive
pressure, humidification, nebulization, and medications to
- Effectively utilizes methods that assist in the removal of
secretions from the bronchial tree such as, hydration, breathing
and coughing exercise, postural drainage, chest percussion and
- Performs 12 lead EKG's and prepares them for physician
- Dismantle and reassemble most of the Respiratory Therapy
equipment. Is able to take all necessary precautions to insure the
safe handling of all respiratory equipment.
- Works well with each age level of patient. Is sensitive to the
age specific needs of each individual patient and alters the
clinical approach accordingly.
- Occasionally oversee the work of Non-Certified Technicians who
are performing those procedures requiring a high level of
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement
- Interprets and carries out physician orders accurately and in a
- Allays anxieties of patient/families regarding
- Performs all aspects of pulmonary function testing, if trained.
Effectively uses all department pulmonary function equipment.
- Is capable of working independently and can supervise the needs
of their shifts when necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Evansville , Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Olney, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!