Paramedic Arrow Ambulance
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Paramedic responds to emergency and non-emergency ambulance
requests. Has assigned daily and weekly duties, such as cleaning of
ambulances and medi-vans, to complete during work hours. Provides
directions and leadership to EMT on calls that require Advanced
Two (2) years driving experience; one (1) year paramedic experience
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Paramedic License Illinois upon hire and Driver's License upon hire
and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Advanced Cardiac
Life Support (ACLS) within 1 year and Pediatric Advanced Life
Support (PALS) within 1 year and National Incident Mgmt System
(NIMS) 100 within 6 months and National Incident Mgmt System (NIMS)
200 within 6 months and National Incident Mgmt System (NIMS) 700
within 6 months and National Incident Mgmt System (NIMS) 800 within
6 months and Hazardous Materials Awareness Certification within 6
months and Emergency Response to Terrorism (ERT) Certification
within 6 months.
One (1) year paramedic experience (preferred)
A working knowledge of the EMS system. Carle Regional EMS system
accepted. Ability to provide direction and leadership to EMT-Bs
while on ambulance calls. Prior to functioning as a licensed EMS
provider, applicants must test into the Carle Regional EMS System,
which may include a written exam, skills assessment, ALS ride time,
and approval from the Medical Director. A letter of good standing
from the most recent EMS system worked must also be provided. In
cases where an individual does not have prior EMS experience, the
letter requirement will be waived.
- Responds to emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate
care to the ill and injured.
- Checks and monitors ambulance readiness
- Cleans ambulances, utility vehicles, and crews quarters
- Clearly communicates crew and vehicle position at all
- Provides direction to EMT's while on ambulance calls
- Transports patients in wheel chair van when needed.
- Manages care of patients during transport to the hospital.
- Assess blood glucose and provides treatment if necessary.
- Monitors heart rhythms, interprets 12 lead ECG and provides
ACLS management when necessary. Performs CPR.
- Administers medications through multiple routes. (IV, IO, IM,
- Intubates adult and pediatric patients. Managers airway during
- Assists in childbirth out of the hospital. Manages care of
mother and baby.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Evansville , Paramedic Arrow Ambulance, Healthcare , Olney, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!