Physical Therapist - Home Care
Location: Mount Erie
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Home Care Physical Therapist evaluates and develops
treatment plans for patients of all ages, modifying the plan of
care as appropriate. Serves as a role model in the delivery of
professional services and as a clinical resource for staff and
students. Hours may vary depending upon census and program
- Documents through comprehensive detail about patient visit,
information is sufficient that following staff can determine
exactly what and how care was rendered with a clear plan for the
- Educates and documents discharge planning prior to discharge,
including communication with physician, insurance source,
outpatient visits and community resources are planned and arranged
if applicable. Patient is provided with discharge
- Updates goals promptly, ensures goals are closed as met or
changed as patient condition progresses.
- Collaboratively communicates and initiates case conferencing as
necessary and documents interactions (other disciplines, MD, care
coordinator, insurers, etc.).
- Communicates the requirements for collaborative team and care
givers, assignments with scheduler, prepare written instructions
for the assistant and supervises the assistant in the patient
- Administers treatment involving application of physical agents
such as heat, cold, light, water and electricity or traction and
- Evaluates, fits and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices and
recommends modifications to the orthotist/prosthetist.
- Plans and administers prescribed physical therapy treatment
programs for patients to restore function, relieve pain and prevent
disability, injury or loss of body part.
- Performs patient assessment test, measurements and evaluations,
such as: range of motion and manual muscle tests, gait and
functional analyses, and body part measurements. Records and
evaluates findings to aid in establishing or revising specifics of
- Reviews and evaluates physician or podiatrist referral and
patient medical record to determine if physical therapy
- Demonstrates comprehension and adherence to regulatory
requirements and home care policies regarding practice, and
documentation content and timelines. Completes functional
assessments and documentation per regulations.
- Completes comprehensive OASIS assessment of patients.
- Assess homebound status of patients.
- Completes comprehensive physical therapy assessment in
patient's home and develop plan of care.
- Communicate with patients to schedule appointment times and
manage daily schedule.
- Assess home safety and recommend equipment to improve patient's
- Educate family/caregivers on recommended home exercise
- Performs wound care within the scope of practice and according
to the plan of care and to the department policy.
Keywords: CARLE, Evansville , Physical Therapist - Home Care, Healthcare , Mount Erie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!