RN Charge Nurse - Critical Care - Days
Company: SSM Health
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*** Sign-On Bonus Eligible***This is a full-time, 36 hours per
week, day shift RN Charge Nurse role in Stepdown/Critical Care at
Good Samaritan Hospital in Mt. Vernon. Hours are 7 am to 7 pm, some
weekend and holiday rotation. Must have at least one year of RN
experience.Provides leadership and coordination of unit staffing
while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality
patient care.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support
staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance
evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
- Collaborates with advanced practice providers to ensure quality
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing
and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- One year of registered nurse experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running. Associated topics: asn, care unit,
intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse
clinical, psychiatric, recovery, registed
Keywords: SSM Health, Evansville , RN Charge Nurse - Critical Care - Days, Healthcare , Mount Vernon, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!