ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST - RADIOLOGY Part-time As Needed
Company: Deaconess Women's Hospital
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Women's Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining
top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need
exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family
centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical
We are currently seeking a Per Diem Inpatient Ultrasound
Technologist to join our team of professionals. The Per Diem
Ultrasound Tech position will be responsible for performing
diagnostic sonographic duties in both an inpatient and outpatient
setting. This position will work as needed, hours will vary. WHY
WORK FOR THE WOMEN'S HOSPITAL?
We offer a work environment that supports you personally and
professionally, and a work culture where you are valued and
appreciated. Examples include flexible work schedules for early
risers, night owls, weekenders and everyone in between; an
extensive benefits package with retirement savings, comprehensive
health insurance and pet insurance; and the ability to "give back"
by supporting programs and charities in our community.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR ULTRASOUND TECH CANDIDATES?
- Graduate of an accredited school of ultrasound.
- Maintain ARDMS or is ARDMS registry eligible which must be
obtained within 3 months of hire.
- Six months of hospital experience with OB/GYN focus is
preferred but not required.
- BLS training is provided and required within 6 months of hire.
WHAT ARE THE ULTRASOUND TECH RESPONSIBILITIES? The Ultrasound
Technologist performs scans of patients in a Level III neonatal
intensive care unit and scans of OB patients.
- Essential Functions
- Accurately documents findings for interpreting physician.
- Accurately enters exam information into Viewpoint and
- Consistently keeps department/equipment stocked and clean.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EPIC processes, PACS, charges and
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment functions, safety, image
transmission and troubleshooting.
- Follows established guidelines for Trophon use.
- Keeps current on department communications (emails, postings,
monthly updates, etc.)
- Performs quality, diagnostic exams according to protocols
established by Perinatologist/Radiologists.
- Performs patient exams within proper time frame.
- Properly coordinates patient medical history and physical
conditions with requested exam.
- Properly recognizes and demonstrates knowledge of when/how to
contact physicians for emergency results.
- Properly relays findings to the interpreting physician.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures for ultrasound
exams performed in surgery.
- Performs EKG's and demonstrates knowledge of transmission and
when/how to contact Cardiologist for routine and STAT orders.
- Follow proper isolation precautions as indicated.
- Assists in training of new sonographers and direct education of
other medical staff members.
- Performs quality, diagnostic high risk OB, GYN, and a variety
of abdominal ultrasounds as well as performing ultrasounds on
patients in a Level III neonatal intensive care unit according to
Keywords: Deaconess Women's Hospital, Evansville , ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST - RADIOLOGY Part-time As Needed, Healthcare , Newburgh, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!