RN Residency - Cardiac Step-Down Nights
Company: SSM Health
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: August 7, 2022
*Sign-On Bonus Eligible* This is a full-time (36 hrs /week) RN
Residency position in our Cardiac Step-Down unit at Good Samaritan
Hospital in Mt. Vernon, Illinois. Hours are 7 pm to 7 am with
rotating weekends and holidays.Licensed new graduate nurse from an
accredited nursing program who actively participates in SSM Health
New Graduate Nurse Residency Program. Provides professional nursing
care to patients, which includes assessing, planning, implementing,
coordinating, delegating and monitoring tasks assigned to other
members of the care team in accordance with professional nursing
standards. Responsible for the delivery of age appropriate care for
assigned patients with a wide variety of medical conditions.PRIMARY
- Performs specialized tasks based on demonstrated competence to
provide nursing care for patient population served.
- Performs patient assessments including biophysical,
psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the
patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management,
and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop,
evaluate and modify patient's plan of care.
- Develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational
plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and
provides patient/family health education and coaching.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation including, but not
limited to, the processing of physician orders, in accordance with
policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing
care given by team members based on patient needs and professional
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care
professionals regarding all aspects of patient care.
- Completes competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Completes training as required; seeks assistance and asks
questions as needed to learn and understand regulations, standards
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Evansville , RN Residency - Cardiac Step-Down Nights, Healthcare , Mount Vernon, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!