Medical Assistant for Integrated Care Clinic - Ful
Company: Massac Memorial Hospital
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionMedical Assistant - FT - Integrated Care
ClinicThe MA, under the general direction of a clinic provider,
prepares patient for exam or procedure. The MA must be able to
communicate effectively with patients and clinic staff with regard
to education, treatment and patient concerns, and schedules all
tests and surgeries. Ages served could range from newborn to
geriatric.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patient for any procedures and assists with the
procedures/treatments as needed and within the scope of their
experience and licensure.
- Obtains, monitors, accurately records, and reports vital signs,
height and weight, patients clinical history, and reason for
- Provides age specific education/information to patient and
- Assists with procedures when necessary, including surgical
preparation and set-up.
- Prepares, administers, and records medications in accordance
with the scope of license and under the supervision of the
- Obtains pre-certification from patient's insurance company for
procedures as directed.
- Schedules tests, procedures and admissions outside the Clinic
as directed by the provider.
- Maintains log of pharmaceutical drug samples.
- Cleans and stocks patient exam rooms, lab areas, and utility
room thoroughly at the end of each day.
- Cleans, sterilizes, and restocks instruments and supplies.
- Provides follow-up and returns patient calls. Mails letters
with test results to patients when unable to reach by phone
- Maintains inventory of medical supplies.
- Demonstrates competency in skills verified by Skills Check
List. Qualifications:Two years experience working in clinic
setting. Completion of medical assistant program and/or active
Illinois CNA.The responsibilities associated with this position may
change from time to time in accordance with departmental needs.
Employees may be required to perform additional and/or different
responsibilities from those set forth in this job
description.Shift: Monday through Thursday 7:30 am to 6:00
pm***Massac Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Massac Memorial Hospital, Evansville , Medical Assistant for Integrated Care Clinic - Ful, Healthcare , Metropolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!