Occupational Therapist OT - Olney
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for planning and
implementing specific treatment programs for patients of all ages,
according to the principles and practice of occupational
- Administers occupational therapy treatment to the patient
according to the prescription and/or care of the referring
physician in a professional manner.
- Screens or reviews potential patient cases, to determine the
need for evaluation and treatment. This includes discussion with
other professionals and/or patient advocate, and patient/client
- Evaluates patients/clients, as ordered by the referring
physician, obtaining and interpreting data necessary for treatment.
This includes planning for and documenting the evaluation process
and results. Procedures include, but are not limited to the use of
standardized tests, performance checklists, and activities and
tasks designed to evaluate specific performance abilities.
Categories of occupational therapy evaluation include independent
living/daily living skills and performance and their
- Reassess and updates treatment plans and goals with revision as
- Prepares home programs as needed or indicated (verbal or
written) to educate family and/or increase patient
- Repairs and fabricates equipment such as simple mechanical
adjustments to adaptive devices of patients. Make and fit splints
or other patient self-improvement ADL equipment.
- Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, current literature,
workshops, and inservice meetings.
- Provides documentation as required by the profession and
department, such as evaluation results, treatment plans, progress
reports, and other such reports.
- Collaborates with support personnel according to legal
standards and ethical guidelines.
- Establishes an OT Plan of Care based on functional deficits and
- Completes objective testing for range of motion, strength, and
performance of daily tasks.
- Completes therapeutic modalities, as appropriate, including
ultrasound, iontophoresis, and electrical stimulation.
- Administers corrective exercise and manual techniques, for
stabilization, facilitation, or inhibition of movement.
- Completes daily documentation and charging in Therapy EMR.
- Communicates with referring provider on patient progress and
- Provides supervision to COTA, in accordance with regulatory
- Utilizes standardized outcome measures in a uniform manner to
ensure functional performance is accurately reflected.
Keywords: CARLE, Evansville , Occupational Therapist OT - Olney, Healthcare , Petersburg, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!