PERINATAL ULTRASONOGRAPHER - TRI-STATE PERINATOLOGY Full-time
Company: Deaconess Women's Hospital
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Women's Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining
top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need
exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family
centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical
roles. We are currently seeking a 0.9 FTE Perinatology Sonographer
to join our team of professionals in Tri-State Perinatology. The
Perinatology Sonographer position will be responsible for
performing diagnostic sonographic duties in both an inpatient and
outpatient setting. This position is expected to work 36 hours a
week, four 9 hour shifts during weekdays. This position is benefits
eligible. Benefits include: tuition reimbursement, PTO accrual
starting at hire (8.93 hrs PTO/pay), health, vision, dental,
disability and life insurance, 401(k) with match, and much more!
WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN'S HOSPITAL?We offer a work environment that
supports you personally and professionally, and a work culture
where you are valued and appreciated. Examples include flexible
work schedules for early risers, night owls, weekenders and
everyone in between; an extensive benefits package with retirement
savings, comprehensive health insurance and pet insurance; and the
ability to "give back" by supporting programs and charities in our
community. WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR PERINATOLOGY SONOGRAPHER
- Sonographer must be a graduate of an accredited school of
- Maintain ARDMS or is ARDMS registry eligible, which must be
obtained within 3 months of hire.
- Six months of experience with OB/GYN focus is preferred.
- Preferred, but not required, Fetal Echo registry and Nuchal
- Training will be provided by Tri-State Perinatology.
- ARDMS certification in Fetal Echo registry required within 18
months of hire.
- Nuchal Translucency certification required within 12 months of
- BLS training is provided and required within 6 months of hire
WHAT ARE THE PERINATOLOGY SONOGRAPHER RESPONSIBILITIES? The
Perinatology Sonographer performs scans of patients in a Level III
neonatal intensive care unit and scans of OB patients.
- Supports the physician in the delivery of health care to the
OB/GYN patient and assist with ultrasound guided procedures.
- Operates diagnostic ultrasound equipment and records images for
- Performs obstetrical, fetal echocardiograms and gynecological
ultrasound exams and is responsible for the reliability and quality
of tests performed to ensure a high standard of care.
- Proficient in operating M-mode, color Doppler, pulsed wave
Doppler, 2-D, 4-D real time, 3-D equipment and all related
- Performs quality, diagnostic OB ultrasounds according to ALARA
- Performs ultrasound examinations on high risk OB patients as
- Effectively communicate with the physician reporting results,
questions, or any suspected abnormalities associated with
- Accurately enters exam information into Viewpoint.
- Consistently keeps department/equipment stocked and clean.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EPIC processes, charges and
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment functions, safety, image
transmission and troubleshooting.
- Follows established guidelines for Trophon use.
- Keeps current on department communications (emails, postings,
monthly updates, etc.)
- Performs exams according to protocols established by
- Performs patient exams within proper time frame.
- Properly coordinates patient medical history and physical
conditions with requested exam.
- Properly recognizes and demonstrates knowledge of when/how to
contact physicians for emergency results.
Keywords: Deaconess Women's Hospital, Evansville , PERINATAL ULTRASONOGRAPHER - TRI-STATE PERINATOLOGY Full-time, Healthcare , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!