Company: Lakeside Veterinary Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is a well-established, progressive;
fast paced 5 doctor Small Animal/Exotics Emergency and General
practice located in Carbondale, Illinois. We offer many services to
provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including
Preventative and 24-Hour Hospital Care, Surgery, Urgent Care, High
Speed Dentistry, In-House Diagnostics, Digital full body and dental
radiology, Ultrasonography, CT and more.
Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is located in the urban city of
Carbondale, Illinois. With close proximity for easy commute to St.
Louis, MO or Nashville, TN. Jackson and Williamson County public
schools are ever growing, making it an ideal area to raise a
family! Popular activities in the area include hiking through the
Shawnee National Forest, exploring the Shawnee Wine Trail,
fishing/boating on the many beautiful lakes, watching minor league
baseball games, and college sports through Southern Illinois
University. Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is a wonderful place to
enjoy a healthy and active work-life balance.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Animal restraint, triage of incoming patients, collection and
analysis of lab samples, diagnostic imaging, management and nursing
care of medical and hospitalized cases with varying degrees of
stability, administration of medications, effective communication
of treatment plans with clients, surgical preparation and
assistance, and anesthetic management.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be
exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially
Whether youre looking to just be a master of your role or trying to
grow into that next career move, youll have opportunities through a
variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and
Were looking for:
- A high work ethic and positive attitude team member
- Ability to arrive on-time and ready to work
- A minimum of 1-year experience preferred, CVT/RVT/LVT a
- Weekend availability
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate
- Interpret medical records and record client history
- Knowledge in preventative care, surgical procedures, and
- Ability to restrain pets in a low-stress and safe manner
- Proficient in sample collection to include blood samples,
urine, fecal, and skin
- Ability to properly set-up and process laboratory samples and
- Proficient in positioning and capturing radiographs,
positioning for dental radiographs are a plus
- Proficient in anesthesia and surgical monitoring
- A self-starter with the desire to continue to advance ones
knowledge and skillset
- Ability to receive in a professional manner constructive
feedback to maintain hospital efficiency
We Offer Our Staff
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k
& 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, &
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet
Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
- Note some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly
for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because
of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation
or National Originby Jobble
Keywords: Lakeside Veterinary Hospital, Evansville , Veterinary Technician, Healthcare , Carbondale, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!