Company: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow. At Southern
Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our
surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by
providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We
offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an
environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that
everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb
efforts and dedication of our employees. As a non-profit system of
almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer,
cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation
services. Responsible for collecting, processing, and testing
patient specimens for the diagnosis and treatment of disease
- Observes safety and biohazard precautions.
- Performs patient testing in assigned areas of the
- Performs and maintains QC and QA for all tests performed.
- Operates, troubleshoots and repairs, and performs preventative
maintenance on equipment in their assigned section(s).
- Inventories and orders supplies in their assigned
- Cleans laboratory and equipment.
- Reviews procedures annually in technical sections as
established in the Laboratory QA Plan.
- Orients new personnel and teaches trainees/students.
- Knows and performs the duties of the Laboratory/Pathology
Representative, Phlebotomist and Technical Assistant.
- Works with other hospital staff and leadership to ensure that
testing needs of all patients are being met at all times.
- Documents and discloses all analysis errors that occur.
degreeEligible to sit for MLT (ASCP) or equivalentMust be certified
within 6 months of hire#PIQresearchPandoLogic. Keywords: Medical
Laboratory Technician (MLT), Location: Friedheim, MO - 63747
Keywords: Southern Illinois Healthcare, Evansville , Phlebotomist, Healthcare , Friedheim, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!