CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Company: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow. At Southern
Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our
surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by
providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We
offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an
environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that
everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb
efforts and dedication of our employees. As a non-profit system of
almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer,
cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation
services. Works collaboratively with physicians and other
caregivers to deliver appropriate treatment and nursing
interventions in an ambulatory office setting. Responsibilities
- Assists providers within the scope of clinical license in all
aspects of patient care, including treatment, tests, procedures,
and follow-up care as requested.
- Escorts patients between waiting and clinical areas in a
professional and courteous manner, including providing direct
assistance to patients with wheelchairs or other limitations in
- Follows office procedures to provide a thorough patient history
and assessment during office visit.
- Appropriately and efficiently triages and responds to all
patient and provider communication, including phone calls, emails,
patient portal messages, and in-person requests.
- Documents thoroughly and appropriately in the patient
- Follows office procedure to monitor expiration dates and
storage conditions of medication and supplies.
- Reorders and restock office or clinical supplies using good
stewardship to avoid shortages or overstocking.
- Uses proper sterilization, biohazard, and infection control
procedures to prepare and maintain equipment and patient care
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs and
evaluating new equipment and technologies.
- Collaborates with providers and nurses outside of the immediate
office setting to ensure continuity of patient care across all
specialties and treatment settings. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- BLS required
- Medical assistant certification required. NCCT or AAMA
- Technical Experience: 1 year clinical
experience#PIQnursingPandoLogic. Keywords: Certified Medical
Assistant (CMA), Location: Mulkeytown, IL - 62865
Keywords: Southern Illinois Healthcare, Evansville , CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT, Healthcare , Mulkeytown, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!