REGISTERED NURSE (Grandview,IN)
Company: Owensboro Health
Posted on: May 5, 2021
- Job Summary
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Training is provided relevant to the population served, based on
scope of care of the service assignment.
- Job Responsibilities
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with patient/family and members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family and provides
education based on age, culture, and willingness to learn.
- Performs job duties in accordance with the Nurse Practice
- Organizational Responsibilities
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures. Executes
all tasks and behaves in a manner consistent with a culture of
compliance, safety and a high reliability organization; behavior
supports the organization's core commitments of Integrity, Service,
Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Associate's degree or higher in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) required. Eligible to
practice nursing in the State of Kentucky required. Certified as a
Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required within 45
days of employment in this position. Certified as an Advanced
Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Healthcare Provider
- Work Experience
- No experience required.
- Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate action. Department
specific competencies for positions are detailed in the
unit/department scope of service.
- FLSA Classification
- This description is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It
is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees. Specific duties and responsibilities
consistent with the general nature and level of work described may
vary by department and additional related duties may be assigned as
needed. Some duties listed may not apply to all areas.
- Additional Position Related Details
- Populations Served
- Training is provided relevant to the population served, based
on scope of care of the service assignment.
- Physical Requirements
- Activity and Frequency:
- Bending/Stooping - Frequently
- Climbing - Occasionally
- Keyboard Data Entry - Frequently
- Kneeling - Occasionally
- Lifting/Moving Patients - Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - 0-25 lbs - Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - 25-75 lbs - Rarely
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - over 75 lbs - Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling - 0-25 lbs - Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling - 25-75 lbs - Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling - over 75 lbs - Frequently
- Reaching - Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements - Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements - Frequently
- Running - Occasionally
- Sitting - Occasionally
- Squatting - Frequently
- Standing - Frequently
- Walking - Frequently
- Audible Speech - Frequently
- Hearing Acuity - Frequently
- Smelling Acuity - Occasionally
- Taste Discrimination - Never
- Vision: Depth Perception - Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color - Frequently
- Vision: Seeing - Far - Frequently
- Vision: Seeing - Near - Frequently
- Owensboro Health is committed to providing a safe working
environment including training and access to person protective
equipment necessary to this position. While performing duties of
this position, occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens is
present for all employees.Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care,
care unit, coronary, nurse clinical, recovery, registered nurse,
Keywords: Owensboro Health, Evansville , REGISTERED NURSE (Grandview,IN), Healthcare , Grandview, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!