Paramedic - Emergency Department - FT Evening
Posted on: September 17, 2020
We Are Hiring Paramedic
- Location: St. Vincent Main Campus, Evansville, IN
- Full Time (72 hours biweekly)
- Shift: Evenings (12 hour shifts - 1 or 1)
- Weekends: Every other weekend at mostWhy Join Ascension? Who
Are We--- St. Vincent is the leading faith-based health care system
in Indiana and is a part of Ascension , the largest non-profit
health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health
system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized
care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty
and those most vulnerable. What St. Vincent has to offer...
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go
each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects
talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and
influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while
offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and
their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and
services we provide to the community. Through this development, our
associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: St. Vincent provides a competitive
compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit
options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time
off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company
with 134 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized
care. At St. Vincent, we are actively trying new solutions to help
overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges. What Our
Emergency Department has to offer...
- Level II Trauma Center: St. Vincent Evansville is classified as
a Level II Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons -
Committee of Trauma for both Adults and Pediatrics.
- Primary Stroke Center: This certification recognizes the St.
Vincent Evansville Emergency Department is making exceptional
efforts to foster better outcomes. It is a signal to our community
that the quality of care we provide meets the unique and
specialized care needs of stroke patients.
- New Partnership with Peyton Manning Children's Hospital: St.
Vincent Evansville has now partnered with Peyton Manning Children's
Hospital to provide more Pediatric services in our tri-state area.
These services include the opening of our brand new Pediatric
- Committed Physician Support: Currently, the St. Vincent
Evansville Emergency Department is supported by a full staff of
physicians that are Associates themselves.
- Certified Nursing Support: In the Emergency Department, Nurses
are supported by a staff of Emergency Medical Technicians and
- Onsite StatFlight Team: The Emergency Department works closely
with our local StatFlight team of Poliets, Flight Nurses, and
Flight Paramedics.What You Will Do What You Will Do at St.
Vincent...As our Paramedic, you will work on the front lines in
providing emergency care to our patients and will be an important
asset to your nursing and physician partners. If you're looking for
a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make
a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join
our team. Responsibilities:
- Identify, intervene, and stabilize the ill or injured patient
during interfacility transport under the direction and in
collaboration with the transport physician and/or Registered
- Initiate and implement interventions based on transport team
protocols. Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition and
treatment, as appropriate.
- Provide population specific education to the patient and family
about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspect, maintain, and care for equipment to ensure safety of
the transport team, patients, and public.What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date
or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
transfer date. American Red Cross Professional CPR/AED Rescuer
accepted during onboarding
- One or more of the following:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry
of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) obtained prior to hire
date or job transfer date.
- Paramedic credentialed from the Indiana Department of Homeland
Security obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Drivers License credentialed from the Indiana Bureau of Motor
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support. Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required Work Experience:
- None required. 1 year paramedic experience preferredEqual
Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer
M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more
information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that
Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who
have applied for a position using our official application. Be on
alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will
not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify
Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates
in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the
E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to
Keywords: Ascension, Evansville , Paramedic - Emergency Department - FT Evening, Healthcare , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!