Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: May 8, 2020
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse Positions
Location: Ascension St. Vincent Evansville Main Campus
* Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
* Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit (STICU)
* Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)
* ICU Stepdown
* Full Time (36 hours weekly)
* Day, Night, and Weekend Option Shifts
* 12 hours shifts
Why Join Ascension?
Who Are We---
St. Vincent is the leading faith-based health care system in
Indiana and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health
system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system.
We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to
all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those
What St. Vincent has to offer:
* Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each
day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects
talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and
influences the community that we serve.
* Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while
offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their
professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and
services we provide to the community. Through this development, our
associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
* Compensation/Benefits: St. Vincent provides a competitive
compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit
options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time
off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
* Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with
134 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized
care. At St. Vincent, we are actively trying new solutions to help
overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges.
What Our Critical Care Units have to offer...
* Level II Trauma Center: St. Vincent Evansville is classified as a
Level II Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons -
Committee of Trauma for both Adults and Pediatrics.
* Unique Environment: Critical Care is a fast paced work
environment that offers a tremendous amount of education and
support to care for the most critically ill patients in a 100 mile
* Teamwork Oriented: The St. Vincent Evansville Critical Care units
pride themselves on a teamwork mentality. The staff work together
to ensure they are providing the best care possible.
* Specialized Care: The St. Vincent Evansville Critical Care units
give special attention to a broad spectrum of system illness such
as Neuro, Cardiac, Trauma, Medical, Respiratory, GI, Renal. Nurses
are trained in utilizing specialized equipment that are not used in
other areas of the hospital. Equipment such as Impella, IABP, ECMO,
CRRT, and Ventilators.
What Our ICU Stepdown Unit has to offer...
* Primary Stroke Center: This certification recognizes the St.
Vincent Evansville ICU Stepdown unit is making exceptional efforts
to foster better outcomes. It is a signal to our community that the
quality of care we provide meets the unique and specialized care
needs of stroke patients. ICU Stepdown is the primary stroke unit
for our facility.
* Primary Care Model: ICU Stepdown utilizes the Primary Nursing
Care Model when caring for it's patients. The Primary Care Nursing
Model is hailed by proponents as creating a better bond and trust
relationship between patients and caregivers, thanks to that
single-source relationship. They say that the patient's care is
elevated by having that single nurse overseeing its delivery, and
that its structure empowers the nurse to utilize managerial
abilities as well as deploy their best bedside care.
* Furthering Education: The ICU Stepdown encourages it's staff to
further their education by obtaining additional certifications
(PCCN, NIHSS, and ACLS)
What You Will Do
What You Will Do at St. Vincent...
As a Critical Care or ICU Stepdown Registered Nurse, you will
provide direct nursing care to the critically ill and post
critically ill as a part of a comprehensive team of Critical Care
staff and physicians.
If you're looking for a career where you can put your skills and
experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your
goals for the future, join our team.
* Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and
communicate patient condition as appropriate.
* Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
* Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
* Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 months (90 days) of hire date or job
* Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
* Work Experience:
* None required. Critical Care or Stepdown experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click
the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the
Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the
E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Evansville , Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care, Healthcare , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!