Communications Manager in Evansville, IN
Company: American Medical Response
Posted on: October 12, 2019
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER IN EVANSVILLE, IN
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Position Title: Communications Manager Reports To: Regional
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY: The Communications Manager is responsible for the
supervision, coordination and prioritization of all Communications
Center dispatch and call taking activities. The position has the
authority to make necessary decisions in lieu of the Communications
Director. This position is also responsible for ensuring that
standards of performance and client needs are met. The
Communications Manager will ensure that all contractual
requirements are successfully integrated into the daily operations
of the Communications Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist to identify, investigate, and resolve service related
* Coordinate with the marketing department to institute and manage
fee for service contracts.
* Assist in the development of the communications center to ensure
that the contractual obligations of AMR are met.
* Directly manage the Communications Center Operations Supervisors
and indirectly manage Dispatchers and Call Takers.
* Work with the Support Services Manager to ensure department and
staff needs are met.
* Act as a representative of the communications department on
assigned committees and for various meetings.
* Identify systems problems that could cause service-related
* Effectively communicate with, and motivate employees.
* Disburse information and implement department policies and
* Maintain departmental records and reports.
* Work with other departments to identify emerging trends.
* Participate in programs to enhance AMR s community image.
* Promote a high level of morale among employees.
* Assist with development of goals and objectives for the
* Participate in quality improvement activities; assists in
maintaining compliance with all established customer service
* Facilitate communications/field problem resolution.
* Monitor call accounting software to ensure proper use of staff
* Serve as a departmental resource, and deal effectively with
operational difficulties within the communications center.
* Effectively deal with departmental conflicts and provide adequate
* Manage and maintain customers system status plans, and assure
departmental compliance by all controllers.
* Prepare written reports and summaries as requested.
* Support and uphold established corporation and departmental
policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, and safety
* Maintain performance levels consistent with departmental
* Maintain a calm, non-emotional and professional atmosphere in the
communications center at all times.
* Maintain competency and enhance professional growth and
development through continuing education, conferences, and
* Maintain positive behaviors, approaches, attitude and commitment
to interpersonal service toward customers, visitors, and
* Attend scheduled department meetings and training sessions.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is
everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every
computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security
policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security
training, when offered. Report information systems security
* Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and
provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and work to
facilitate individual and team development that drives positive
results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of
employment, including but not limited to staffing, training,
promotion, etc. BS/BA degree in Business or related field desired.
EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch) training/certification, EMT or
Paramedic Training preferred.
* Minimum Qualifications:
BS/BA degree in Business or related field desired. EMD (Emergency
Medical Dispatch) training/certification, EMT or Paramedic Training
Three years experience within a high profile EMS system. 3-5 years
experience in a Communications leadership role. CAD and data entry
experience. System Status Management experience. One year EMS or
Public Safety experience and a strong background in customer
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong personnel management and staff development skills. Superior
verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated technical
knowledge pertaining to communications equipment. Ability to write
and comprehend legal contracts. Excellent time management and
organizational skills. Ability to perform in a high stress
environment. Ability to interact effectively with internal and
external customers. Demonstrated knowledge pertaining to CQI and
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including
American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer
including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: American Medical Response, Evansville , Communications Manager in Evansville, IN, Executive , Evansville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!