Sales Director (Tell City, IN)
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Location: Tell City
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job ID: 479940Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc., a CRH Company, is the
foremost supplier of crushed stone, sand, gravel, scrubber stone,
rip-rap and ag-lime in Southern Indiana. Complete with six
quarries, fifteen retail locations and two sand and gravel plants,
Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc. has supplied aggregate to area
construction projects, large and small, since 1935. Mulzer Crushed
Stone, Inc. is the Tri-State's established leader in delivering
superior quality products that provide exceptional value to those
we serve. In addition, by being a part of the CRH Americas family,
we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses,
local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises
that come together to form CRH Americas. CRH Americas is the number
one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and
one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United
States. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Position
OverviewMaximize sales of targeted products including aggregates,
ready mix and hot mix asphalt by leading and overseeing the sales
department. Primary responsibility is to uncover opportunities and
drive sales growth. In addition, Sales Director will be responsible
for developing new accounts and maintaining relationships with key
accounts to achieve company objectives for price/profitability and
volume/market share.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and
Functions)The duties and responsibilities include but are not
limited to the following:
- Be a key contributor to the development and execution of the
Mulzer Family of Companies' strategic plan
- Based on the company's strategic objectives; develop, establish
and monitor policies, procedures, practices and expectations for
the sales department.
- Liaise with operations and production to assure that quality
and quantity meets customer expectations.
- Oversee recruitment of sales personnel
- Prepare clear development plans for all personnel reporting to
- Give personnel sufficient latitude to accomplish their
responsibilities, be clear about roles and expectations, and check
- Perform associated administrative duties such as forecasting,
budgeting, and other required corporate reporting
- Proactively track and manage construction activity in the
- Understand existing product specifications, identify and
- Identify relevant issues that may affect product supply.
- Represent Mulzer Family of Companies on industry-related
committees & associations
- Continuously monitor competitor activity, communicate and
recommend any necessary actions
- Establish effective relationships with the customers; based on
quality products, services and valueOther Requirements:
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Report to the assigned work area ready to begin at the
designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Mulzer Company policies and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance
for all Mulzer employees. Employees will be held accountable for
adhering to their workplace schedule.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Actively contribute towards the development of a world class
customer service team.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with management
- The ability to communicate and understand information in a
manner consistent with the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to maintain organization.
- Ability to be a self-starter, operating under general
- Ability to provide and understand detailed information
regarding specifications of products.
- Ability to complete tasks on time and under pressure.
- Proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, and
PowerPointQualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Education and ExperienceAssociates degree or
equivalent from two-year College or technical school, or two to
four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Language Skills:Ability to
read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to
customers or employees of organization.Mathematical Skills:Ability
to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure,
using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to
compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar
graphs.Reasoning Ability:Ability to solve practical problems and
deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
form.Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The
employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl.The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.Work
EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee
occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside
weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet, humid
condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The
employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.The noise level in
the work environment is usually very quiet. Exposure to increased
noise levels are possible and may require protective equipment.The
statements included in this job description are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be
assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc., a CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability If you want to know more, please click
on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Evansville , Sales Director (Tell City, IN), Executive , Tell City, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...