Project Manager/Estimator - Dale, IN
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job ID: - 405583J.H. Rudolph & Co., Inc., a CRH Company, has
been a leader in the asphalt paving and production industry in
Southern Indiana, Western Kentucky & Southern Illinois since
opening its doors in 1940. - -Paving everything from recreational
trails to scenic highways, using top-quality state-approved
construction materials, J.H. Rudolph & Co., Inc. has made a name
for itself in the region as a trusted provider of asphalt and
paving construction services. In addition, by being a part of the
CRH Americas family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of
family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large
sized enterprises that come together to form CRH Americas. - CRH
Americas is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest
aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete
producers in the United States. - CRH Americas operates with a
decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small
company environment while having the career opportunities of a
large enterprise.Position OverviewThis is a skilled position as a
Project Manager/Estimator involving the management of projects that
are awarded to the company and preparation of quantity estimates
using material, labor, equipment, and overhead costs.Key
Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- For the purpose of certifying projects, a Professional Engineer
(PE) license is preferred.
- Manage projects awarded from scheduling, resource allocation,
cost projections, and billing. -
- Check daily cost sheets for correctness, compliance with
estimated cost, and if over budget, find out why and report to
- Prior to job startup, review with the job foreman the project
plans, specifications and review the project startup list to ensure
that each item is completed.
- Assist Estimating by providing feedback on job progress as
opposed to as estimated.
- Assist Estimating as available by performing field measurements
- Participate in the bidding process.
- Consult with clients, vendors, and others to discuss and
formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other
documents to prepare time, material, equipment, production, and
- Prepare preliminary estimates for planning purposes and
detailed estimates based on final plans and specifications.
- Maintain current and accurate information on prices from
suppliers and contractors through direct contact and written
- Prepare bid packages, estimates and analysis of subcontractor
bids for projects of any size and complexity.
- Physically measure, assess the condition, and formalize
estimates for commercial and private projects.
- Check that foreman's job quantities are correct and submitted
to accounting.Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. - The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to
perform the essential functions.Education/ExperienceBachelor's
degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or another
related field. - - Five years project management/construction
estimating experience is preferred; or an equivalent of education
and experience will be accepted. - Professional Engineer (PE)
license is preferred.Work Requirements
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. -
- Ability to write correspondence. -
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization. -
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute, rate, ration, percent, draw and interpret
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able
to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database
software. - - Key Competencies
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee
situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to
requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgement - Exhibits sound and accurate judgement.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The employee is frequently required to sit,
climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee
is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and
reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. - The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs. -
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth
perception.Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. - While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts;
outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. - The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This
position will be divided between office and job sites.The
statements included in this job description are not intended to be
all-inclusive. - They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. - Other duties may be
assigned as required. - Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! J.H. Rudolph & Co., Inc., a CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Evansville , Project Manager/Estimator - Dale, IN, Executive , Dale, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!