MATERIALS MANAGEMENT BUYER I
Company: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Location: West Frankfort
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow. At Southern
Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our
surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by
providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We
offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an
environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that
everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb
efforts and dedication of our employees. As a non-profit system of
almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer,
cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation
services. The Materials Management Buyer I is responsible for
ensuring cost effective acquisition of products, services, and
equipment. $15.29/hr minimum - $22.94/hr maximum (range increases
based on education, experience and certifications)
- Processes requisitions, confirms and acknowledges purchase
- Monitors variances.
- Responsible for product returns.
- Researches products.
- Processes customer stock/non-stock/special/capital requisition
in the Materials inventory management system, creates and transmits
purchase orders to vendors.
- Works closely with vendor sources to obtain quotes, bids,
necessary vendor information and pricing structures in order to
- Obtains order confirmations, verifies contract pricing in order
to maintain the integrity of the Materials database.
- Maintains records; requisitions, purchase orders, quotes, and
related documents to aid in establishing a clear audit trail.
- Coordinates with vendors to resolve order issues, back orders,
substitute items, and identifies discrepancies and order
- Actively processes product returns to vendors and monitors
- Conducts product research, cost comparisons, and spec
requirements to advise the end user of the appropriate purchase
- Works closely with Accounts Payable to manage the payment
process to ensure purchase orders , invoices, and receipts are
processed in accordance with Accounting practices.
- Works through issues and remains professional in potentially
- Exhibits the ability to multi task, manage multiple duties
throughout the day.
- Senior: Assigns purchase order number to requisitions.
- Senior: Validates pricing and payments.
- Senior: Place orders for prime vendors/EDI.
- Senior: Maintains product recall log.
- Senior: Coordinates recall and replacement of products.
- Senior: In absence of Purchasing Manager, receives and
- Senior: Assists with contract/capital equipment manager with
research of capital equipment pricing and product purchase.
- Bachelor--------s degree in Healthcare Management, Business,
Supply Chain or related field preferred.
- Technical Experience: 2 years in supply chain, purchasing or
related field required -----" 4 years for Senior Buyer -----"
- Intermittent hand manipulation required
- Intermittent lifting and carrying of 20 pounds which can be
- COVID vaccination #PIQESPandoLogic. Keywords: Purchasing Agent,
Location: West Frankfort, IL - 62896
Keywords: Southern Illinois Healthcare, Evansville , MATERIALS MANAGEMENT BUYER I, Executive , West Frankfort, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!