Blood Bank Manager
Company: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow. At Southern
Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our
surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by
providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We
offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an
environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that
everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb
efforts and dedication of our employees. As a non-profit system of
almost 4000 employees in Carbondale, IL, we have won national
acclaim for our cancer, cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging,
and rehabilitation services. The Lab Lead is responsible for
collecting, processing, and performing testing of patient
specimens. Responsibilities Role Specific Responsibilities
- Collects and processes specimens and enters test requests and
- Performs comparison studies, analyzes & sets up new
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) and key operator for
instruments and processes within the department.
- Responsible for the quality of patient care within the
- Performs troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance
- Inventories and orders supplies.
- Works with other hospital staff and leadership to ensure that
testing needs of all patients are being met at all times.
- Documents and discloses all analysis errors that occur.
- Provides operational leadership during scheduled shifts. Also
will provide feedback on personnel to assist supervisor/manager or
director with evaluations.
- Assists in the training and education of new staff, in addition
to the teaching of students.
- Assists Manager and Supervisor with competency assessments as
required by SIH and accrediting organization.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Serves as reviewer of records required to ensure quality within
- Participates in accreditation activities within the
- Participates in personal and departmental goal setting through
the use of Goal Post.
- Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of all patient
information used in the performance of the job.
- Attends departmental and other meetings as necessary.
- Actively participates in Lean activities by promoting and
leading process improvement activities in the department.
- Associates degree or Bachelors degree
- MLT, MLS or MT (ASCP) or equivalent
- Technical Experience: 3 years #PIQresearchPandoLogic. Keywords:
Medical Laboratory Manager, Location: Vienna, IL - 62995
Keywords: Southern Illinois Healthcare, Evansville , Blood Bank Manager, Executive , Vienna, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!